-   -   Shockwave Flash (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/689093-shockwave-flash.html)

Fred Zinsli 07-31-2012 02:53 AM

Shockwave Flash

Hi all

Been playing with this for days, but just don't have a clue about what
I'm supposed to be doing or looking for to help.

Attempting to install shockwave flash so I can view swf files in a web
browser.

It isn't working for me, but what makes it worse is I can't seem to
find any real information in any log files. So I am obviously looking in
the wrong place or I haven't turned on logging for any browser.

Browsers: Firefox, google-chrome, chromium, iceweasel

Shockwave appears as a plugin in firefox but not in others.

Any comments would be most helpful.

Regards

Fred

Kent West 07-31-2012 04:14 AM

Shockwave Flash

On 7/30/12 9:53 PM, Fred Zinsli wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Been playing with this for days, but just don't have a clue about what
> I'm supposed to be doing or looking for to help.
>
> Attempting to install shockwave flash so I can view swf files in a web
> browser.
>
> It isn't working for me, but what makes it worse is I can't seem to
> find any real information in any log files. So I am obviously looking
> in the wrong place or I haven't turned on logging for any browser.
>
> Browsers: Firefox, google-chrome, chromium, iceweasel
>
> Shockwave appears as a plugin in firefox but not in others.
>
> Any comments would be most helpful.

Can you view a Shockwave site, such as www.homestarrunner.com?

/Kent

Camaleón 07-31-2012 01:54 PM

Shockwave Flash

On Tue, 31 Jul 2012 14:53:46 +1200, Fred Zinsli wrote:

> Hi all

Hi, but please, no html posts... thanks :-)

> Been playing with this for days, but just don't have a clue about what
> I'm supposed to be doing or looking for to help.
>
> Attempting to install shockwave flash so I can view swf files in a web
> browser.
>
> It isn't working for me, but what makes it worse is I can't seem to find
> any real information in any log files. So I am obviously looking in the
> wrong place or I haven't turned on logging for any browser.

Issues with the flash player are not placed in the usual log files. I
would first look at "about:plugins" and check if the plugin is listed
there.

> Browsers: Firefox, google-chrome, chromium, iceweasel
>
> Shockwave appears as a plugin in firefox but not in others.
>
> Any comments would be most helpful.

Why are you duplicating the browsers? Firefox → Iceweasel and Chrome →
Chromium >:-?

Anyway, how did you install the Flash Player plugin? Also note that
Google's browser installs its own version of the plugin.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Fred Zinsli 08-01-2012 12:12 AM

Shockwave Flash

Hi Kent

No, I can't see the site mentioned, I just get a black page*
(using firefox).

Regards

Fred

*

Gary Dale 08-01-2012 12:25 AM

Shockwave Flash

Been playing with this for days, but just don't have a clue about what
I'm supposed to be doing or looking for to help.

Attempting to install shockwave flash so I can view swf files in a web
browser.

It isn't working for me, but what makes it worse is I can't seem to
find any real information in any log files. So I am obviously looking
in the wrong place or I haven't turned on logging for any browser.

Browsers: Firefox, google-chrome, chromium, iceweasel

Shockwave appears as a plugin in firefox but not in others.

Any comments would be most helpful.

Regards

Fred

Adobe's flash plugin is available in the non-free section of Debian
repositories. You don't have to pay for it, but it comes with the usual
proprietary license. Attempting to install from other sources is not a
good idea.

Archive: 50187779.6050302@rogers.com">http://lists.debian.org/50187779.6050302@rogers.com

Kent West 08-01-2012 02:11 PM

Shockwave Flash