Old 08-01-2012, 05:12 PM
Slavko

Default Shockwave Flash

hi,

Dňa Wed, 1 Aug 2012 19:05:24 +0200 Thierry Chatelet <tchatelet@free.fr>
nap*sal:

> On Wednesday 01 August 2012 18:18:07 Luiz L. Marins wrote:
> > **apt-get remove gnash*
> >
> > apt-get install flashplugin-nonfree
>
> After you have put deb-multimedia repo in your sources.list

You are not right, the flashplugin-nonfree is part of debian contrib:

LANG=C aptpo flashplugin-nonfree
flashplugin-nonfree:
Installed: 1:2.8.5
Candidate: 1:2.8.5
Version table:
*** 1:2.8.5 0
500 http://ftp.cz.debian.org/debian/ testing/contrib amd64 Packages
100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

--
Slavko
http://slavino.sk

Old 08-01-2012, 05:55 PM
Gary Dale

On 01/08/12 01:12 PM, Slavko wrote:

hi,

Dňa Wed, 1 Aug 2012 19:05:24 +0200 Thierry Chatelet<tchatelet@free.fr>
nap*sal:

On Wednesday 01 August 2012 18:18:07 Luiz L. Marins wrote:

**apt-get remove gnash*

apt-get install flashplugin-nonfree

After you have put deb-multimedia repo in your sources.list

You are not right, the flashplugin-nonfree is part of debian contrib:

LANG=C aptpo flashplugin-nonfree
flashplugin-nonfree:
Installed: 1:2.8.5
Candidate: 1:2.8.5
Version table:
*** 1:2.8.5 0
500 http://ftp.cz.debian.org/debian/ testing/contrib amd64 Packages
100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

Agreed. I would also advise people to stay away from debian-multimedia.
It's packages are incompatible with standard Debian packages in many
cases. While I respect what Christian Marillat is doing, unless he can
work out the differences with the Debian packages (apparently not an
easy thing to do), debian-multimedia can be too much of a headache.

Archive: 50196D7D.9080700@rogers.com">http://lists.debian.org/50196D7D.9080700@rogers.com

Old 08-01-2012, 08:41 PM
Fred Zinsli

> **apt-get remove gnash*
Did that. Also removed flashplugin-nonfree as I had both installed.
Removed symbolic links in /usr/lib/firefox/plugins. Checked both chromium
and firefox to see if any flash plugin was installed, non was.

> apt-get install flashplugin-nonfree
Did that after I removed everything else. Installed without error.
Chromium and firefox state that the flashplugin-nonfree is installed, but
I cannot view any flash sites at all.

Both browsers report the following as installed plugins: Shockwave Flash
11.2 r202

Regards

Fred

Old 08-01-2012, 08:53 PM
Fred Zinsli

That fixed it.

I did apt-get purge flashplugin-nonfree then did aptitude install gnash.

Whilst neither chromium or firefox say they have a flash plugin install it
does work.

Thanks for the comments. Most appreciated.

Regards

Fred

Old 08-02-2012, 06:56 AM
Mika Suomalainen

Old 08-02-2012, 08:24 PM
Martin Steigerwald

Hi Fred!

Please quote properly, please do not top-post.

Am Mittwoch, 1. August 2012 schrieb Fred Zinsli:

> >> Do you have recent experience with gnash? The last time I tried it,
> >> it didn't work very well. I'd prefer to use it over proprietary
> >> software.

> > **apt-get remove gnash*
>
> Did that. Also removed flashplugin-nonfree as I had both installed.
> Removed symbolic links in /usr/lib/firefox/plugins. Checked both
> chromium and firefox to see if any flash plugin was installed, non
> was.
>
> > apt-get install flashplugin-nonfree
>
> Did that after I removed everything else. Installed without error.
> Chromium and firefox state that the flashplugin-nonfree is installed,
> but I cannot view any flash sites at all.
>
> Both browsers report the following as installed plugins: Shockwave
> Flash 11.2 r202

Works here just fine.

Shockwave Flash

Datei: libflashplayer.so
Version:
Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202

Exact same version.

So I am puzzled. Maybe some extension is interfering?

What does "cannot view any flash sites at all" exactly mean? What happens
if you try.

Ciao,

Old 08-03-2012, 02:00 AM
Fred Zinsli

> Hi Fred!

> Please quote properly, please do not top-post.

I tried it,

proprietary

>> > **apt-get remove gnash*

>> Did that. Also removed flashplugin-nonfree as I had both
installed.

>> Removed symbolic links in /usr/lib/firefox/plugins. Checked
both

>> chromium and firefox to see if any flash plugin was installed,
non

>> was.

>> > apt-get install flashplugin-nonfree

>> Did that after I removed everything else. Installed without
error.

>> Chromium and firefox state that the flashplugin-nonfree is
installed,

>> but I cannot view any flash sites at all.

>> Both browsers report the following as installed plugins:
Shockwave

>> Flash 11.2 r202

> Works here just fine.

> Shockwave Flash

> Datei: libflashplayer.so

> Version:

> Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202

> Exact same version.

> So I am puzzled. Maybe some extension is interfering?

> What does "cannot view any flash sites at all" exactly
mean? What happens

> if you try.

I get a black screen with nothing else shown.

But it now works with gnash installed. The only problem I get now is
some sites report flash 6.something required. But thats what you get when
you travel the flash website path, so I*avoid them.

Regards

Fred

http://lists.debian.org/201208022224.30680.Martin@lichtvoll.de

Old 08-03-2012, 02:45 PM
Martin Steigerwald

Am Freitag, 3. August 2012 schrieb Fred Zinsli:
> >> Did that after I removed everything else. Installed without error.
>
> >> Chromium and firefox state that the flashplugin-nonfree is installed,
> >> but I cannot view any flash sites at all.
>
> >> Both browsers report the following as installed plugins:

> >> Shockwave
> >> Flash 11.2 r202

> > Works here just fine.

> > Shockwave Flash

> > Datei: libflashplayer.so
> >
> > Version:
> >
> > Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202

> > Exact same version.

> > So I am puzzled. Maybe some extension is interfering?
> > What does "cannot view any flash sites at all" exactly mean?
> > What happens if you try.
>
> I get a black screen with nothing else shown.
>
> But it now works with gnash installed. The only problem I get now is
> some sites report flash 6.something required. But thats what you get
> when you travel the flash website path, so I avoid them.

Hmmm, yes. I pray for the day youtube and other just switch to HTML 5 for
video in their standard configuration.

I do want to get rid of Adobe Flash as soon as possible. With Gnash and
Lightspark still lots of flash stuff does not work correctly. Even Youtube
has its problem.