FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 04-12-2008, 02:33 PM
"Douglas A. Tutty"
 
Default forgetting to snip

Just a note:

Posts recently are becoming many pages long with perhaps a one-liner
comment somewhere. People are forgetting to snip.

Also, some people are forgetting to word-wrap.

Not trolling, not trying to moderate the list, just observing.

Doug.


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 04-13-2008, 04:30 AM
Chris Bannister
 
Default forgetting to snip

On Sat, Apr 12, 2008 at 10:33:28AM -0400, Douglas A. Tutty wrote:
> Just a note:
>
> Posts recently are becoming many pages long with perhaps a one-liner
> comment somewhere. People are forgetting to snip.

Nah, just lazy.

> Also, some people are forgetting to word-wrap.

Some people might not know how to set it.

> Not trolling, not trying to moderate the list, just observing.

I observe that an extra space between sentences is a waste. Admittedly
it is small, but consider after 1024 sentences you have 1 megabyte
of wasted space(s). Now, that is just one person. :-)

--
Chris.
======


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 04-13-2008, 04:46 AM
Ron Johnson
 
Default forgetting to snip

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

On 04/12/08 23:30, Chris Bannister wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 12, 2008 at 10:33:28AM -0400, Douglas A. Tutty wrote:
>> Just a note:
>>
>> Posts recently are becoming many pages long with perhaps a one-liner
>> comment somewhere. People are forgetting to snip.
>
> Nah, just lazy.

I've got little bolt-cutters that are *perfect* for snipping pinkies
and reminding people to remove excess "stuff"...

>> Also, some people are forgetting to word-wrap.
>
> Some people might not know how to set it.
>
>> Not trolling, not trying to moderate the list, just observing.
>
> I observe that an extra space between sentences is a waste. Admittedly
> it is small, but consider after 1024 sentences you have 1 megabyte
> of wasted space(s). Now, that is just one person. :-)

Hmmm. But wouldn't that be 1 *kilobyte* of "wasted" space?

- --
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA USA

We want... a Shrubbery!!
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)

iD8DBQFIAZA9S9HxQb37XmcRAgU2AJ46NrnCnQbHc5RmWXmwNo 34Hx9QHACgj+kv
cbqsvvwktQJvZiBpZRMUJKQ=
=XYUo
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 12:42 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org