-   -   bsdgames on a command-line type system (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/68549-bsdgames-command-line-type-system.html)

Jude DaShiell 04-12-2008 06:47 AM

bsdgames on a command-line type system

I remember when installing bsdgames package on a command-line-type system
very early in the installation openoffice's dictionary directories were
updated. Later those for emacs were updated. That was in earlier
packages chronologically. What was downloaded that would have given
dictionaries-common the impression openoffice was already on the system?
Better yet, how can I use existing tools to unearth this answer or these
answers? Something like checking all packages only on the system for
anything like openoffice in their dependencies I think.

NN_il_Confusionario 04-12-2008 11:09 AM

On Sat, Apr 12, 2008 at 01:47:25AM -0500, Jude DaShiell wrote:
> Something like checking all packages only on the system for
> anything like openoffice in their dependencies I think.

deborphan -d -a $OTHER_OPTIONS
should be able to do something of this kind

Moreover,

apt-cache search reverse depend
apt-rdepends - Recursively lists package dependencies