Old 04-12-2008, 04:06 AM
Alex Samad

Default swapper fault (kernel problems with 2.6.24)

On Wed, Apr 02, 2008 at 07:32:19AM +1100, Alex Samad wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 01, 2008 at 12:35:29PM -0600, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
> > Ron Johnson wrote:

[snip]
> it was speculation and then machine had been up for a while! Something
> strange is going on, just wanted to see if any one else was
> experiencing this

just for the record, I think i tracked it down. my swap space is on a
raid1 device, which for some reason has booted in auto-read-only mode.

which meant when it came time to touch it, it was read only

--
"I'm also not very analytical. You know I don't spend a lot of time thinking about myself, about why I do things."

- George W. Bush
06/04/2003
aboard Air Force One