Old 04-12-2008, 03:33 AM
NN_il_Confusionario

Default Bochs? Anybody {using,used,know anything about} it?

On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 08:21:39PM -0500, Dennis G. Wicks wrote:
> Is Bochs fast enough to be practical?

about 8 years ago I have seen a install process of windows 95 that
needed more than 8 hours to complete on a pentium 166 with debian and
bochs. So I expect bochs to be at least 10 times slower than the "bare
hardware". This is not suprising, since bochs is portable along
architectures and emulates everything in software.

If you use etch on i386 or amd64, a better choice would be virtualbox
from backports.org (or qemu if your architecture is not i386 or amd64)

Old 04-12-2008, 01:59 PM
"Dennis G. Wicks"