FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 07-14-2012, 06:09 PM
Patrik Dufresne
 
Default No sound in headphone through jack - Thinkpad T510

package: alsa-base
Version: 1.0.23+dfsg-4

After a suspend / resume, there is not more sound coming out of the
headphone jack.

Step to reproduce:
1. Start the laptop
2. Play any music with rythmbox
3. Stop the music
4. Put the laptop in suspend mode
5. Resum it later on
6. Play music with Rythmbox

Expected behavior
7. The music is playing with headphone jack.

Current behavior
8. When I plug headphone, there is no music playing. Still, if I
unplug the headphone, the internal speaker are playing the music.

$ lspci | grep -i audio
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset
High Definition Audio (rev 06)
01:00.1 Audio device: NVIDIA Corporation High Definition Audio
Controller (rev a1)

Patrik Dufresne


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: http://lists.debian.org/CAJ=kj5yzTo1YXyk-zC=2huHH62pG2YpRatnqGPprShZx==-AMQ@mail.gmail.com
 
Old 07-15-2012, 02:25 PM
Camaleón
 
Default No sound in headphone through jack - Thinkpad T510

On Sat, 14 Jul 2012 14:09:55 -0400, Patrik Dufresne wrote:

> package: alsa-base
> Version: 1.0.23+dfsg-4
>
> After a suspend / resume, there is not more sound coming out of the
> headphone jack.

(...)

Have you tried to reload alsa ("alsa reload")?
>
> Step to reproduce:
> 1. Start the laptop
> 2. Play any music with rythmbox
> 3. Stop the music
> 4. Put the laptop in suspend mode
> 5. Resum it later on
> 6. Play music with Rythmbox
>
> Expected behavior
> 7. The music is playing with headphone jack.
>
> Current behavior
> 8. When I plug headphone, there is no music playing. Still, if I unplug
> the headphone, the internal speaker are playing the music.

Mmm, so you still listen to the music through the speakers instead the
headphones.

> $ lspci | grep -i audio
> 00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset High Definition Audio (rev 06)
> 01:00.1 Audio device: NVIDIA Corporation High Definition Audio Controller (rev a1)

You have two sound cards detected. Ensure after thawing from suspension
the proper card has been selected as the default sound output.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: http://lists.debian.org/jtujso$83b$8@dough.gmane.org
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 11:45 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org