Old 04-11-2008, 06:39 PM
ChadDavis

Default lenny net instal problem

When the kernel is uncompressing, I get an

**** invalid compressed format (err=1)

**** ---System halted

It seems that others have had this problem due to media issues.* I've tried to reburn the image and that still doesn't change anything.* Does anyone have any other ideas?

Old 04-11-2008, 08:55 PM
Andrew Sackville-West

On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 12:39:43PM -0600, ChadDavis wrote:
> When the kernel is uncompressing, I get an
>
> invalid compressed format (err=1)
>
> ---System halted
>
> It seems that others have had this problem due to media issues. I've tried
> to reburn the image and that still doesn't change anything. Does anyone
> have any other ideas?

Have you confirmed the checksum of the downloaded image? It could also
be a hardware problem in the CD drive. some cdr's aren't reflective
enough for some older players, for example.

Old 04-11-2008, 09:01 PM
ChadDavis

I reburnt several times and finally it worked.* Now I've got another issue to check out though

Old 04-14-2008, 06:10 AM
Andrei Popescu

On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 03:01:30PM -0600, ChadDavis wrote:
> I reburnt several times and finally it worked. Now I've got another issue
> to check out though

Even if you got rid of the first issue, doesn't mean that you burned it
correctly this time. Use the "ckeck integrity" option of your burning
software.

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)