Old 07-12-2012, 04:36 AM
Ralf Mardorf

Default hardware identification

On Thu, 2012-07-12 at 00:28 -0400, Kjetil brinchmann Halvorsen wrote:
> open a terminal and type lspci

I don't think the OP wants lspci, hwinfo etc..

Old 07-12-2012, 09:20 AM
Muhammad Yousuf Khan

i think you are talking about "dmidecode"

Thanks,

Yousuf

Old 07-12-2012, 03:19 PM
Camaleón

On Wed, 11 Jul 2012 21:22:05 -0700, Robert Holtzm wrote:

> I seem to remember a program that gave a lot of detail about the system
> hardware ie video card name, manufacturer, gpu chipset, IIRC it even
> had a gui front end. "Lshw" comes close but but the program I'm thinking
> of produced more info.
>
> Does this ring a bell with anyone?

More info than "lshw"? Unless you mean "lshw-gtk"... ;-)

> There's a chance I'm thinking of Ubuntu, as I ran that before I got
> tired of their policies and switched to Debian.

"sysinfo" and "hardinfo" are also available at the usual repository but
not sure if you were thinking in any of these, though.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 07-12-2012, 10:10 PM
Robert Holtzm

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 03:19:53PM +0000, Camale�n wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Jul 2012 21:22:05 -0700, Robert Holtzm wrote:
>
> > I seem to remember a program that gave a lot of detail about the system
> > hardware ie video card name, manufacturer, gpu chipset, IIRC it even
> > had a gui front end. "Lshw" comes close but but the program I'm thinking
> > of produced more info.
> >
> > Does this ring a bell with anyone?
>
> More info than "lshw"? Unless you mean "lshw-gtk"... ;-)
>
> > There's a chance I'm thinking of Ubuntu, as I ran that before I got
> > tired of their policies and switched to Debian.
>
> "sysinfo" and "hardinfo" are also available at the usual repository but
> not sure if you were thinking in any of these, though.

"Hardinfo" was the one I was thinking of. Thanks to you and all who
respondeed.

--
Bob Holtzman
If you think you're getting free lunch,