Old 07-12-2012, 04:22 AM
Robert Holtzm

Default hardware identification

I seem to remember a program that gave a lot of detail about the system
hardware ie video card name, manufacturer, gpu chipset, IIRC it even
had a gui front end. "Lshw" comes close but but the program I'm thinking
of produced more info.

Does this ring a bell with anyone?

There's a chance I'm thinking of Ubuntu, as I ran that before I got
tired of their policies and switched to Debian.

--
Bob Holtzman
If you think you're getting free lunch,

Old 07-12-2012, 04:28 AM
Kjetil brinchmann Halvorsen

open a terminal and type lspci

kjetil

--
"If you want a picture of the future - imagine a boot stamping on the
human face - forever."

George Orwell (1984)