Old 04-11-2008, 04:54 PM
ChadDavis

Default g33 chipset support

I'm trying to figure out which version of debian I need to go with to get G33 Chipset support.* I've read a couple of online things that suggest I need kernel 2.6.23, but others seem to suggest that older versions work?

Does anybody have experience with this chipset and debian?

Old 04-17-2008, 03:40 PM
ChadDavis

I'm
trying to figure out which version of debian I need to go with to get
G33 Chipset support.* I've read a couple of online things that suggest
I need kernel 2.6.23, but others seem to suggest that older versions
work?

Does anybody have experience with this chipset and debian?

In case someone else has issues . . . I think it's actually NOT the G33 chipset.* I think the issue is PATA support.* The G33 chipset doesn't actually support PATA itself, it's all SATA.* The guys over at hardwardguys.com told me that the boards have an subsidiary chip, outside of the main chipset, to add PATA support and that this chip is the issue with Linux support.*

So, if you have issues, try an entirely SATA set up and give it a go.*