-   -   Debian quiet boot (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/682483-debian-quiet-boot.html)

Mostafa Hashemi 07-11-2012 02:32 PM

Debian quiet boot

hi friendsi want to hide the messages shown while Debian boots up. i dont want to use boot splash, i want the user see nothing at all and the user dont have the ability to see what are*being shown while Debian boots up ...
what should i do ? please help im new to Debian ...im using Debian 6 amd64
thanks ...*

Camaleón 07-11-2012 03:14 PM

Debian quiet boot

On Wed, 11 Jul 2012 19:02:24 +0430, Mostafa Hashemi wrote:

> hi friends

Hi! (but please, don't post using html, thanks)

> i want to hide the messages shown while Debian boots up. i dont want to
> use boot splash, i want the user see nothing at all and the user dont
> have the ability to see what are being shown while Debian boots up ...
> what should i do ? please help im new to Debian ... im using Debian 6
> amd64

You can use a black splash image but pressing "Esc" will still showing
the booting messages.

If you want to completely disable these messages I think there's a kernel
option you can toggle on/off but, would you prefer to recompile the
kernel just for this? :-?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Darac Marjal 07-11-2012 03:19 PM

Debian quiet boot

On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 03:14:14PM +0000, Camaleón wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Jul 2012 19:02:24 +0430, Mostafa Hashemi wrote:
>
> > hi friends
>
> Hi! (but please, don't post using html, thanks)
>
> > i want to hide the messages shown while Debian boots up. i dont want to
> > use boot splash, i want the user see nothing at all and the user dont
> > have the ability to see what are being shown while Debian boots up ...
> > what should i do ? please help im new to Debian ... im using Debian 6
> > amd64
>
> You can use a black splash image but pressing "Esc" will still showing
> the booting messages.
>
> If you want to completely disable these messages I think there's a kernel
> option you can toggle on/off but, would you prefer to recompile the
> kernel just for this? :-?

Adding "quiet nosplash" to the kernel command line should remove MOST of
the messages.