-   -   Custom screens for pre- and post-installation steps (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/682452-custom-screens-pre-post-installation-steps.html)

07-11-2012 01:40 PM

Custom screens for pre- and post-installation steps

Hello,

We have a kickstart-based Anaconda installer.

We want to customize Anaconda to replace the console-oriented pre- and post-installation steps (i.e., %pre and %post sections from kickstart file), with their graphical counterparts.

I'm new to Python, PyGTK & Glade Interface designer. Before I dig into Anaconda source code, I just wanted to check, if in theory, is it possible to do it or not.

If anybody has done that, do you have any pointers/info that you would want to share on this topic.

Thanks.

-Kiran.

07-11-2012 01:45 PM

Custom screens for pre- and post-installation steps

<Resending with reformatted content to fit the viewing window>