-   -   full automated installation preseed without any network connection? (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/682218-full-automated-installation-preseed-without-any-network-connection.html)

Istimsak 07-11-2012 12:04 AM

full automated installation preseed without any network connection?

Debian can be installed with internet access. Never configured automation. That is something to experiment with.

anotst01@fastmail.fm wrote:

>Dear list,
>
>can Debian be fully automated installed when there is no network
>connection available?
>
>Did you actually test it? If so, can share your preseed.cfg please?
>
>--
>http://www.fastmail.fm - IMAP accessible web-mail
>

>--

07-11-2012 04:17 AM

full automated installation preseed without any network connection?

I want to install without network and automation.

Is it possible? Can you share a working preseed.cfg please?

Andrei POPESCU 07-11-2012 06:11 AM

On Ma, 10 iul 12, 16:29:54, anotst01@fastmail.fm wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> can Debian be fully automated installed when there is no network
> connection available?

Could you please give more details about what you want to achieve? I'd
install on a removable drive, boot the new system with it and cp -a
everything over.

If you need to do this on several (more or less identical) machines you
can create an image that you can just copy over.

Kind regards,
Andrei

rjc 07-11-2012 09:38 AM

On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 07:11:13AM BST, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> On Ma, 10 iul 12, 16:29:54, anotst01@fastmail.fm wrote:
> > Dear list,
> >
> > can Debian be fully automated installed when there is no network
> > connection available?
>
> Could you please give more details about what you want to achieve? I'd
> install on a removable drive, boot the new system with it and cp -a
> everything over.
>
> If you need to do this on several (more or less identical) machines you
> can create an image that you can just copy over.

What the OP means is using Debian Installer (d-i) with preseeding.

I personally use it for fully automated install over the network but
yes, you can use d-i with preseeding for off-line installation - think
CD/DVD or USB memory stick with a local .deb repository.

rjc

http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1855

Camaleón 07-11-2012 04:45 PM

On Tue, 10 Jul 2012 16:29:54 -0700, anotst01 wrote:

> can Debian be fully automated installed when there is no network
> connection available?

Yes, but depending on the installation media (netiso, CD or DVD) the
amount of packages you can install will vary.

> Did you actually test it? If so, can share your preseed.cfg please?

Nope, sorry. Preseeding is still something in my "to-do" list :-) but a
sample template can be found here:

http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/tmp/en.amd64/apb.html

Greetings,

--