Old 04-11-2008, 01:50 PM
"Zainab Rehman"

Default Regarding package Installation

While running commands(red*coloured font)*to install a source package i am having problems (bolded text)
*

debianabc:/home/fast# cd debian
debianabc:/home/fast/debian# apt-get source bnfc

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
E: You must put some 'source' URIs in your sources.list
debianabc:/home/fast/debian# apt-get build-dep bnfc

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
E: You must put some 'source' URIs in your sources.list
debianabc:/home/fast/debian# cd bnfc2.2

bash: cd: bnfc2.2: No such file or directory
debianabc:/home/fast/debian# cd bnfc-2.2
debianabc:/home/fast/debian/bnfc-2.2# debuild -us -uc
bash: debuild: command not found

debianabc:/home/fast/debian/bnfc-2.2#

P.S: i am not able to connect to internet from terminal at which debian is installed.
Zainab Rehman

Old 04-11-2008, 06:07 PM
Kevin Mark

On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 06:50:29PM +0500, Zainab Rehman wrote:
> While running commands(red coloured font) to install a source package i am
> having problems (bolded text)
>

> debianabc:/home/fast# cd debian
> debianabc:/home/fast/debian# apt-get source bnfc
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree... Done
> E: You must put some 'source' URIs in your sources.list
> debianabc:/home/fast/debian# apt-get build-dep bnfc
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree... Done
> E: You must put some 'source' URIs in your sources.list
> debianabc:/home/fast/debian# cd bnfc2.2
> bash: cd: bnfc2.2: No such file or directory
> debianabc:/home/fast/debian# cd bnfc-2.2
> debianabc:/home/fast/debian/bnfc-2.2# debuild -us -uc
> bash: debuild: command not found
> debianabc:/home/fast/debian/bnfc-2.2#
>

> P.S: i am not able to connect to internet from terminal at which debian is
> installed.

The error message is about your /etc/apt/sources.list.
It is missing a line that starts with deb-src.
-K
--
| .'`. == Debian GNU/Linux == | my web site: |
| : :' : The Universal |mysite.verizon.net/kevin.mark/|