-   -   virt-manager fails to connect to remote server (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/681376-virt-manager-fails-connect-remote-server.html)

Gary Dale 07-08-2012 08:45 PM

virt-manager fails to connect to remote server

I'm getting a dialogue box message:

Unable to connect to libvirt.
You need to install openssh-askpass or similar to connect to this host.

However, my ssh connection doesn't use a password.

My workstation is running Debian/Wheezy and virt-manager can connect to
VMs on it. Virt-manager also apparently detects the server, which is
running Debian/Squeeze, as it shows up as the only option when I create
a connection to a remote host.

The error dialogue's details box contains the following:

Unable to connect to libvirt.

You need to install openssh-askpass or similar to connect to this host.

Libvirt URI is: qemu+ssh://garydale@TheLibrarian.local/system

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/connection.py", line 1185,
in _open_thread

self.vmm = self._try_open()
File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/connection.py", line 1167,
in _try_open

flags)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/libvirt.py", line 102, in openAuth
if ret is None:raise libvirtError('virConnectOpenAuth() failed')
libvirtError: Cannot recv data: ssh_askpass: exec(/usr/bin/ssh-askpass):
No such file or directory

Host key verification failed. : Connection reset by peer

To be clear, I have no trouble connecting to the server using ssh using
the "garydale" account.

Any ideas?

Archive: 4FF9F17C.3000607@rogers.com">http://lists.debian.org/4FF9F17C.3000607@rogers.com

Davi Garcia 07-09-2012 01:01 AM

virt-manager fails to connect to remote server

Hey,

On Sun, Jul 8, 2012 at 5:45 PM, Gary Dale <garydale@rogers.com> wrote:
> Any ideas?

This looks similar to bug #590649 [1]. Have you tried to install "ssh-askpass"?

[1] - http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=590649

[]s,
Davi Vercillo C. Garcia

Gary Dale 07-09-2012 03:21 AM

virt-manager fails to connect to remote server