Old 07-08-2012, 06:14 AM
Davi Garcia

Default Error messages on ".xsession-errors"

Hey guys,

After many years, I finally returned to Debian. Now I'm using Debian Wheeze on my Thinkpad W510 for around 1 week now. The system is updated and it is being shown as a very stable platform, even though this branch is called Testing. I have being checking the logs, looking for errors and I found some that I would like to check if they are already known or if they are specific to my hardware. Checking the ".xsession-errors" file I found the following messages:

Window manager warning: CurrentTime used to choose focus window; focus window may not be correct.
Window manager warning: Got a request to focus 0x1a00004 (Desktop) with a timestamp of 0. *This shouldn't happen!

Searching around Google, I found a similar issues caused by a bug. Do we have already a bug filled for this? Please let me know if more details are needed.*

(tracker-miner-fs:3990): Tracker-WARNING **: Couldn't properly parse desktop file 'file:///usr/share/applications/brasero-nautilus.desktop': 'Desktop file doesn't contain type'

I think this is just a simple mistake in the ".desktop" descriptor. I'll try to change it and verify if the error persist.

(gnome-shell:3975): folks-WARNING **: Error preparing persona store 'eds:1341666308.4795.1@davigar-lnx': Couldn't open address book ‘1341666308.4795.1@davigar-lnx’: Cannot open book: Address book does not exist

** Message: applet now embedded in the notification area
(gnome-shell:3975): folks-WARNING **: Failed to find primary PersonaStore with type ID 'eds' and ID '1341666308.4795.1@davigar-lnx'.
Individuals will not be linked properly and creating new links between Personas will not work. The configured primary PersonaStore's backend may not be installed. If you are unsure, check with your distribution.

This messages are always shown in the log. It looks like we have a bad default config. applied. Does anyone know where this configuration is stored?

(gnome-settings-daemon:3928): PackageKit-WARNING **: couldn't parse execption 'GDBus.Errorrg.gtk.GDBus.UnmappedGError.Quark._p k_5ftransaction_5ferror.Code4: GetDistroUpgrades not supported by backend', please report

(gnome-settings-daemon:3928): updates-plugin-WARNING **: failed to get upgrades: GDBus.Errorrg.gtk.GDBus.UnmappedGError.Quark._pk _5ftransaction_5ferror.Code4: GetDistroUpgrades not supported by backend', please report

Unfortunately I have no idea about these ones. I just doing what they tell me to do... reporting... =P

Thanks in advance!

[]s,
Davi Vercillo C. Garcia

*Phone: *+55 (21) 8193-0132v
*Skype: *davivcgarcia
*Web: * * http://davigarcia.me

Old 07-08-2012, 11:44 AM
Camalen

On Sun, 08 Jul 2012 03:14:34 -0300, Davi Garcia wrote:

> Hey guys,

Hello. Please, avoid using html posts, they are badly read from some
clients.

> After many years, I finally returned to Debian. Now I'm using Debian
> Wheeze on my Thinkpad W510 for around 1 week now. The system is updated
> and it is being shown as a very stable platform, even though this branch
> is called Testing. I have being checking the logs, looking for errors
> and I found some that I would like to check if they are already known or
> if they are specific to my hardware. Checking the ".xsession-errors"
> file I found the following messages:

(...)

Using Wheeze here and yes, my "~/.xsession-errors" file is plenty of
warning messages but unless I experience a specific problem within the
desktop or applications themselves, I do not tend to report this because
warnings and errors always have been there (different messages, of
course) since GNOME 2, so I see them as a "feature" (useful for debugging
purposes) :-)

Greetings,

--
Camalen