Old 07-07-2012, 05:42 PM
Timothy Balwin

Default Unreversable dimmiing of display

I have Debian Squeeze installed on an ASUS EeePC 901, using the i915
video drivers and linux-image-3.2.0-0.bpo.2-686-pae from squeeze-
backports.

If I dim the display using the KDE power gadget a lot, or allow it to dim
automatically due to low battery, it dim suddenly to a barely perceivable
level and I can not restore the display to full brightness without
rebooting except for a brief flicker when the display is switched off.