Old 07-06-2012, 07:19 PM
Bhasker C V

Default USB mounts not presistent

Hi all,

In the latest wheezy install of debian (K 3.2.0-2-amd64) I am finding
that unlike before, when a USB disk (especially a USB external 2.5"
harddisk) is mounted, it is not persistent after a suspend resume.
Has anyone faced this in wheezy or am I missing anything here ?

The same is happening with the case of cryptsetup devices using USB
where the dm-crypt device mapper mapping is still present but the USB
device link is dead !

--
Bhasker C V
Secure Mails:

Old 07-07-2012, 11:14 AM
Camaleón

On Fri, 06 Jul 2012 20:19:05 +0100, Bhasker C V wrote:

> In the latest wheezy install of debian (K 3.2.0-2-amd64) I am finding
> that unlike before, when a USB disk (especially a USB external 2.5"
> harddisk) is mounted, it is not persistent after a suspend resume. Has
> anyone faced this in wheezy or am I missing anything here ?

You mean the device is mounted by uuid/label/id, you suspend and then
resume and the volume is placed elsewhere? Or how are the disks being
mounted?

> The same is happening with the case of cryptsetup devices using USB
> where the dm-crypt device mapper mapping is still present but the USB
> device link is dead !

Is there something about it regsitered in dmesg?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón