Old 04-11-2008, 11:05 AM
hce

Default Installing memcached

Hi,

What does the following command tell me? Does that mean that the
memcached was not installed properly? How can I fix it?

$ dpkg -l memcached
||/ Name Version Description
ii memcached 1.1.12-1 A high-performance memory object caching sys

Thank you.

Jim

Old 04-11-2008, 12:33 PM
Nyizsnyik Ferenc

On Fri, 11 Apr 2008 21:05:57 +1000
hce <webmail.hce@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> What does the following command tell me? Does that mean that the
> memcached was not installed properly? How can I fix it?
>
> $ dpkg -l memcached
> |
> Status=Not/Installed/Config-files/Unpacked/Failed-config/Half-installed
> |/ Err?=(none)/Hold/Reinst-required/X=both-problems (Status,Err:
> uppercase=bad) ||/ Name Version Description
> +++-==============-==============-============================================
> ii memcached 1.1.12-1 A high-performance memory object
> caching sys
>
> Thank you.
>
> Jim

The header tells you the story.
The "ii" at the start of the line means:
Desired: "i" (Install)
Error: "" (none)

--
Nyizsa.
http://nyizsa.uni.cc

Old 04-11-2008, 01:35 PM
Hugo Vanwoerkom

hce wrote:

Hi,

What does the following command tell me? Does that mean that the
memcached was not installed properly? How can I fix it?

$ dpkg -l memcached
||/ Name Version Description
ii memcached 1.1.12-1 A high-performance memory object caching sys

Says that memcached is installed. that it's version is 1.1.12-1 and
gives a description.

Hugo