-   -   Postfix redirection. (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/680683-postfix-redirection.html)

Mika Suomalainen 07-06-2012 10:55 AM

Postfix redirection.

Hi,

On 06.07.2012 12:47, Olivier BATARD wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm just wondering, after googling a lot, how to redirect mail from
> a user to another address without keeping mail to the original
> address. I want to redirect mail directly. I've tried aliases but
> mail are sent to both original and destination, and I want to
> forward directly mail.
>
> How can I do that ?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Olivier

I don't know how you have tried aliases, but entry like this in
/etc/alises should do it:

username: email@address.here

The example above should send all emails, which are sent to
username@host to email@address.here.

- --
Mika Suomalainen

NOTICE! I am on mobile broadband with very limited time, so I cannot
read emails very much.
The best time to contact me is probably weekends when I have better
connectivity with good luck.

Camaleón 07-06-2012 02:58 PM

Postfix redirection.

On Fri, 06 Jul 2012 11:47:17 +0200, Olivier BATARD wrote:

> I'm just wondering, after googling a lot, how to redirect mail from a
> user to another address without keeping mail to the original address. I
> want to redirect mail directly. I've tried aliases but mail are sent to
> both original and destination, and I want to forward directly mail.

So you mean you have "user1@example.com" and regardless the existance of
the account in your box you can directly redirect incoming e-mails to
"user2@example.com" omitting "user1@example.com" mailbox, right?

> How can I do that ?

I think the aliases (or ".forward") should do the trick unless you
specifically configure it to deliver to both mailboxes :-?

How does your aliases file look like? Also, provide the Postfix logs when
you send a test e-mail so we can see how Postfix expands the aliases (you
can remove sensitive data).

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

"John L. Cunningham" 07-07-2012 04:39 AM

Postfix redirection.

On Fri, Jul 06, 2012 at 11:47:17AM +0200, Olivier BATARD wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm just wondering, after googling a lot, how to redirect mail from a
> user to another address without keeping mail to the original address.
> I want to redirect mail directly. I've tried aliases but mail are sent
> to both original and destination, and I want to forward directly mail.
>
> How can I do that ?

Hello Olivier,

I use the canonical table for that. For more information, see:

http://www.postfix.org/canonical.5.html