Old 07-06-2012, 04:58 AM
Umarzuki Mochlis

Default SAMBA share permission via openldap

Hi,

Could anyone suggest a good management interface (WUI) available in
debian squeeze repo/third party to manage SAMBA shared folder for
openldap users?

Umarzuki Mochlis
http://debmal.my

Old 07-07-2012, 01:46 PM
Camaleón

On Fri, 06 Jul 2012 12:58:18 +0800, Umarzuki Mochlis wrote:

> Could anyone suggest a good management interface (WUI) available in
> debian squeeze repo/third party to manage SAMBA shared folder for
> openldap users?

Not a recommendation but a list of available tools for your review:

http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_%26_LDAP#GUI_Tools

Mmm, at Debian standard repositories I can see "luma", "jxplorer",
"ldaptor-webui" and "gosa", not sure if any of these would be of your
liking.

I, being a java-lover (I specially like java for small applications that
can be put in portable USB flash keys and used in multiple operating
systems), would start with "jxplorer" O:-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 07-07-2012, 02:31 PM
Umarzuki Mochlis

2012/7/7 Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com>:
> On Fri, 06 Jul 2012 12:58:18 +0800, Umarzuki Mochlis wrote:
>
>> Could anyone suggest a good management interface (WUI) available in
>> debian squeeze repo/third party to manage SAMBA shared folder for
>> openldap users?
>
> Not a recommendation but a list of available tools for your review:
>
> http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_%26_LDAP#GUI_Tools
>
> Mmm, at Debian standard repositories I can see "luma", "jxplorer",
> "ldaptor-webui" and "gosa", not sure if any of these would be of your
> liking.
>
> I, being a java-lover (I specially like java for small applications that
> can be put in portable USB flash keys and used in multiple operating
> systems), would start with "jxplorer" O:-)

thanks for the suggestion, i will check them out

Umarzuki Mochlis
http://debmal.my