Old 07-05-2012, 08:15 PM
Kantacki

Default Two problems in Debian Wheezy

Hello,

I have found two problems in Debian Wheezy.

1. Debian Wheezy cannot be installed from PXE using current
netboot.tar.gz package, during installation before loading the kernel
system hangs, so to install Wheezy using PXE I had to use Squeeze
netboot.tar.gz package with replaced kernel and initrd image from Wheezy
netboot.tar.gz package and I was able to install Wheezy.

2. There is problem with login to Wheezy using remote X XDMCP query.
When I execute X -query ip.addr :1 on Squeeze system where on ip.addr
machine is installed Wheezy distribution I get gdm3 daemon screen then I
put correct login and password, system tries to lunch gnome, but it
fails informing me about some kind of error and gdm3 displays login
screen again. Logging from localhost works fine. Could some of you
confirm this problem?
I have installed Debian Wheezy using PXE yesterday 2010-07-04, x86_64
architecture, Core i5 CPU, Intel H61 motherboard controller.

Best regards, Kantacki

Archive: 4FF5F5C7.6050907@o2.pl">http://lists.debian.org/4FF5F5C7.6050907@o2.pl

Old 07-06-2012, 02:25 PM
Camaleón

On Thu, 05 Jul 2012 22:15:03 +0200, Kantacki wrote:

> I have found two problems in Debian Wheezy.

(...)

Can't comment/confirm on the problems you are experiencing but if the
errors are consistent and easily reproducible, you can open a bug report
in Debian BTS for each of them so they can be properly debugged, this way
you will help other users -before Wheezy is released- who can be in the
same situation.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 07-06-2012, 05:18 PM
Camaleón

El 2012-07-06 a las 17:21 +0200, Kantacki escribió:

(resending to the list)

> W dniu 2012-07-06 16:25, Camaleón pisze:
>> On Thu, 05 Jul 2012 22:15:03 +0200, Kantacki wrote:
>>
>>> I have found two problems in Debian Wheezy.
>> (...)
>>
>> Can't comment/confirm on the problems you are experiencing but if the
>> errors are consistent and easily reproducible, you can open a bug report
>> in Debian BTS for each of them so they can be properly debugged, this way
>> you will help other users -before Wheezy is released- who can be in the
>> same situation.

> It would be great if at least one person confirms my problems before I
> report a bug in Wheezy

Yes, that would be ideal but remember since Wheezy was freezed the
countdown has started...

Greetings,

--
Camaleón