Old 07-05-2012, 04:03 AM
T o n g

Default DVD burning within VirtualBox VM

Hi,

I think DVD burning would be possible within the VirtualBox VM. Can
anyone confirm that?

The host is Win7, and I don't like Windows' DVD burning solution at all.

Thanks

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)
http://xpt.sourceforge.net/techdocs/

Old 07-05-2012, 05:02 AM
Umarzuki Mochlis

2012/7/5 T o n g <mlist4suntong@yahoo.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I think DVD burning would be possible within the VirtualBox VM. Can
> anyone confirm that?
>
> The host is Win7, and I don't like Windows' DVD burning solution at all.
>
> Thanks

it is possible and i had done that because debian detects blank dvd on
my external dvdburner as corrupted

Umarzuki Mochlis
http://debmal.my

Old 07-05-2012, 05:19 AM
Istimsak

Never tried DVD burning in virtualbox. But worth finding out. Make sure you point your DVD drive to the idea storage and start from there. Let us know what happens.

Old 07-05-2012, 09:43 AM
Darac Marjal

On Thu, Jul 05, 2012 at 04:03:38AM +0000, T o n g wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think DVD burning would be possible within the VirtualBox VM. Can
> anyone confirm that?
>
> The host is Win7, and I don't like Windows' DVD burning solution at all.

It should be possible. In the Settings for your VM, set the DVD device to
be "Host Drive X:" (where X is the letter for your DVD drive). Then
check the "Passthrough" checkbox. The context help for that checkbox
suggests its necessary for writing to the host drive.