Old 04-11-2008, 04:52 AM
"Felipe Rocha"

Default Question about debian vserver

Pete hi.

Answering some questions...

> How would someone from the Internet be able to access the web server via the internal IP address?

Someone from internet will only be able to access you web server if
you have a valid IP address, an external IP. Once you have a valid IP,
you have to forward the request made to the external IP at the desired
port (80 by default for http) to the web server within you internal
network. Usually, this job is made using iptables at the machine that
holds the external IP.

> How does the applications within two guest systems communicate with each other ( via internal IP or ?)?

Yes, using the internal IP, once they are running in an intranet, the
apps will be able to communicate with each other using their internal
IP.

and

> How do I have the different applications to listen on the different ports?

Sorry, but it wasn't clear to me what is your doubt.

Felipe Rocha