Old 07-03-2012, 11:14 AM
Pierre Frenkiel

Default changing the font size in Xdialog

hi,
I would like to change the size of the font used by Xdialog.
The --fontsel option gives a wide choice, but after that, I found no
way the its output.
I wrote the following bigfont.rc file

style 'big_font' {
fg[NORMAL] = { 1.0, 1.0, 1.0 }
bg[NORMAL] = { 0.0, 0.0, 1.0 }
font = "-b&h-lucida-medium-r-normal-*-*-240-*-*-p-*-iso10646-1"
}

widget '*' style 'big_font'

and then did something like:
Xdialog --rc-file bigfont.rc --msgbox "--rc-file demonstration" 0 0

the color information from bigfont.rc is actually used, but not the font.

Any idea?

best regards,
--
Pierre Frenkiel

Archive: alpine.DEB.2.00.1207031303410.4174@pfr2.frenkiel-hure.net">http://lists.debian.org/alpine.DEB.2.00.1207031303410.4174@pfr2.frenkiel-hure.net

Old 07-03-2012, 03:13 PM
Camaleón

On Tue, 03 Jul 2012 13:14:44 +0200, Pierre Frenkiel wrote:

> I would like to change the size of the font used by Xdialog. The
> --fontsel option gives a wide choice, but after that, I found no way the
> its output.
> I wrote the following bigfont.rc file
>
> style 'big_font' {
> fg[NORMAL] = { 1.0, 1.0, 1.0 }
> bg[NORMAL] = { 0.0, 0.0, 1.0 }
> font = "-b&h-lucida-medium-r-normal-*-*-240-*-*-p-*-iso10646-1"
> }
>
> widget '*' style 'big_font'

Based on this:

http://xdialog.free.fr/doc/faq.html#Q07

The font syntax looks right :-?

> and then did something like:
> Xdialog --rc-file bigfont.rc --msgbox "--rc-file demonstration" 0 0
>
> the color information from bigfont.rc is actually used, but not the
> font.
>
> Any idea?

Could it be because the kind of widget you are using (--msgbox) does not
allow the font property to be changed? I would try with the exact example
used in the FAQ.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón