Old 07-03-2012, 09:35 AM

Default Upgrading to Wheezy (frozen)

Are already there the release notes for upgrading to Wheezy?

Thanks in andvance
--
Vivere nel paese dei campanelli e' un vero supplizio per chi ama bussare.
-- Alessandro Bergonzoni

Old 07-03-2012, 02:53 PM
Camaleón

On Tue, 03 Jul 2012 11:35:03 +0200, daniele.g wrote:

> Are already there the release notes for upgrading to Wheezy?

?

We're still long away from Wheezy release (~6 months?).

Frozen ! released :-)

Anyway, the ongoing "Release Notes" doc is available here:

http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 07-03-2012, 08:28 PM

Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> writes:

> On Tue, 03 Jul 2012 11:35:03 +0200, daniele.g wrote:
>
>> Are already there the release notes for upgrading to Wheezy?
>
> ?
>
> We're still long away from Wheezy release (~6 months?).
>
> Frozen != released :-)

Yes, you're very right, but, come on, at this point I suppose that it
should be defined if, for example, systemd will replace insserv.

> Anyway, the ongoing "Release Notes" doc is available here:
>
> Http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/
>
> Greetings,

Thank you very much.
--
Anche se a una mucca dai da bere cacao, non ne mungerai cioccolata.
-- Stanislaw J. Lec, "Pensieri spettinati"

Old 07-04-2012, 08:32 AM
Roger Leigh

On Tue, Jul 03, 2012 at 10:28:57PM +0200, daniele.g wrote:
> Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Frozen != released :-)
>
> Yes, you're very right, but, come on, at this point I suppose that it
> should be defined if, for example, systemd will replace insserv.

It will not. sysvinit/sysv-rc/insserv will remain the default;
systemd/systemd-sysv will be an optional replacement.

Regards,
Roger

--
.'`. Roger Leigh
`. `' schroot and sbuild http://alioth.debian.org/projects/buildd-tools

Old 07-04-2012, 08:36 AM
Tom H

On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 4:32 AM, Roger Leigh <rleigh@codelibre.net> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 03, 2012 at 10:28:57PM +0200, daniele.g wrote:
>> Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>> > Frozen != released :-)
>>
>> Yes, you're very right, but, come on, at this point I suppose that it
>> should be defined if, for example, systemd will replace insserv.
>
> It will not. sysvinit/sysv-rc/insserv will remain the default;
> systemd/systemd-sysv will be an optional replacement.

I think that it was just a suggestion that certain essential decisions
have already been made.

Old 07-04-2012, 02:31 PM
Camaleón

On Tue, 03 Jul 2012 22:28:57 +0200, daniele.g wrote:

> Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> On Tue, 03 Jul 2012 11:35:03 +0200, daniele.g wrote:
>>
>>> Are already there the release notes for upgrading to Wheezy?
>>
>> ?
>>
>> We're still long away from Wheezy release (~6 months?).
>>
>> Frozen != released :-)
>
> Yes, you're very right, but, come on, at this point I suppose that it
> should be defined if, for example, systemd will replace insserv.

(...)

The basics, yes, of course.

For instance, you will get GNOME 3 and gnome-shell by default and kernel
3.2.20. But please, don't ask me for every decision that has been taken
for every aspect of the distribution because I just don't know ;-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 07-04-2012, 05:22 PM

Roger Leigh <rleigh@codelibre.net> writes:

> On Tue, Jul 03, 2012 at 10:28:57PM +0200, daniele.g wrote:
>> Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>> > Frozen != released :-)
>>
>> Yes, you're very right, but, come on, at this point I suppose that it
>> should be defined if, for example, systemd will replace insserv.
>
> It will not. Sysvinit/sysv-rc/insserv will remain the default;
> systemd/systemd-sysv will be an optional replacement.

Good: one thing less to be changed.
--
La maturita' di una persona non si misura dall'eta', ma dal modo in cui
reagisce svegliandosi in pieno centro in mutande.

Old 07-05-2012, 01:05 PM

Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> writes:

> The basics, yes, of course.

That's what I'm looking for, after all.

> For instance, you will get GNOME 3 and gnome-shell by default and kernel
> 3.2.20. But please, don't ask me for every decision that has been taken
> for every aspect of the distribution because I just don't know ;-)

Don't worry, I wont.
--
Dannazione, il mio ufficio e' freddo.
Ho bisogno di una segretaria bollente per riscaldarlo.