Old 07-03-2012, 12:46 AM
Mark Panen

Default Installing a Linux OS from a SATA 6 port

Hi,

I have only managed successfully, touch wood, managed to install Squeeze
with my SATA 6 HDD directly connected to my SATA 6 port on my mobo with
a SATA 6 cable.

I tried many other of the top 5 distro's and the installation failed at
one stage or the other or completed and then crashed.

Then I read on Google that you cannot install a Linux OS from SATA 6 port.

Is this true?

--
Cheers
Mark

Archive: 4FF240D7.6020900@gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/4FF240D7.6020900@gmail.com

Old 07-03-2012, 06:19 AM
Chris Bannister

On Tue, Jul 03, 2012 at 02:46:15AM +0200, Mark Panen wrote:

> Then I read on Google that you cannot install a Linux OS from SATA 6 port.

link?

oppressing." --- Malcolm X

Old 07-03-2012, 06:57 AM
Mark Panen