FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 07-02-2012, 10:17 PM
Lisi
 
Default Three problems with TDE 3.5.13 ?Bugs?

Soory, Slávek. I didn't mean it to go to you.

I had the following 3 problems with a 3.5.13 installation with Slávek's
patches. Suggestions for solutions?

1st When I tried to install kaffeine: kaffeine-trinity? I looked for it
before trying to install, so got it right, but I am not sure now.

I can give no other useful information. I have not managed to capture the
error message, and the computer concerned is 10 miles and an ocean of
antibiotics away.

It seems likely therefore that this is insoluble for now.

2nd Flash, which was working, suddenly stopped working. I.e., where things
had displayed and played correctly, the error message that came up on the
website was:
<quote>
Alert icon
You need to upgrade your Adobe Flash Player to watch this video.
Download it from Adobe.
</quote>

But Flash is as up-to-date as is possible on Debian.

3rd
<quote>Failed to update the old Database to the new Database format
This error can happen if the Album Path '/home/john/Pictures' does not
exist or is write-protected.
If you have moved your photo collection, you need to adjust the 'Album
Path' in digikam's configuration file.rd Attempts to run DigiKam produce the
following error message:
</quote>
There is a database folder in the .digikam folder. The name includes the
numeral 3.

Not much info, I know. But unfortunately, as I said, the computer is 10 miles
away and I am temporarily housebound.

Lisi


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 201207022317.12756.lisi.reisz@gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/201207022317.12756.lisi.reisz@gmail.com
 
Old 07-03-2012, 07:59 AM
Lisi
 
Default Three problems with TDE 3.5.13 ?Bugs?

Sorry, all. I shall eventually get htisd ent to the correct destination. :-(

Lisi

On Monday 02 July 2012 23:17:12 Lisi wrote:
> Soory, Slávek. I didn't mean it to go to you.
>
> I had the following 3 problems with a 3.5.13 installation with Slávek's
> patches. Suggestions for solutions?
>
> 1st When I tried to install kaffeine: kaffeine-trinity? I looked for it
> before trying to install, so got it right, but I am not sure now.
>
> I can give no other useful information. I have not managed to capture the
> error message, and the computer concerned is 10 miles and an ocean of
> antibiotics away.
>
> It seems likely therefore that this is insoluble for now.
>
> 2nd Flash, which was working, suddenly stopped working. I.e., where
> things had displayed and played correctly, the error message that came up
> on the website was:
> <quote>
> Alert icon
> You need to upgrade your Adobe Flash Player to watch this video.
> Download it from Adobe.
> </quote>
>
> But Flash is as up-to-date as is possible on Debian.
>
> 3rd
> <quote>Failed to update the old Database to the new Database format
> This error can happen if the Album Path '/home/john/Pictures' does not
> exist or is write-protected.
> If you have moved your photo collection, you need to adjust the 'Album
> Path' in digikam's configuration file.rd Attempts to run DigiKam produce
> the following error message:
> </quote>
> There is a database folder in the .digikam folder. The name includes the
> numeral 3.
>
> Not much info, I know. But unfortunately, as I said, the computer is 10
> miles away and I am temporarily housebound.
>
> Lisi



--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 201207030859.51352.lisi.reisz@gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/201207030859.51352.lisi.reisz@gmail.com
 
Old 07-03-2012, 08:00 AM
Brad Rogers
 
Default Three problems with TDE 3.5.13 ?Bugs?

On Mon, 2 Jul 2012 23:17:12 +0100
Lisi <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello Lisi,

>Soory, Slávek. I didn't mean it to go to you.
> I had the following 3 problems with a 3.5.13 installation with
> Slávek's patches. Suggestions for solutions?

Still in the wrong place, Lisi. I think you meant this to go to
trinity-users@lists.pearsoncomputing.net not debian-users.

--
Regards _
/ ) "The blindingly obvious is
/ _)rad never immediately apparent"
I ain't got no time for intellectual music, e.g. Hergest Ridge
Heads Down No Nonsense Mindless Boogie - Alberto y Lost Trios Paranoias
 
Old 07-09-2012, 07:51 AM
Lisi
 
Default Three problems with TDE 3.5.13 ?Bugs?

On Tuesday 03 July 2012 09:00:37 Brad Rogers wrote:
> On Mon, 2 Jul 2012 23:17:12 +0100
> Lisi <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello Lisi,

Hello, Brad,

> >Soory, Slávek. I didn't mean it to go to you.
> > I had the following 3 problems with a 3.5.13 installation with
> > Slávek's patches. Suggestions for solutions?
>
> Still in the wrong place, Lisi. I think you meant this to go to
> trinity-users@lists.pearsoncomputing.net not debian-users.

Thanks, yes I did. It eventually got there. :-(

Lisi



--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 201207090851.23750.lisi.reisz@gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/201207090851.23750.lisi.reisz@gmail.com
 
Old 07-09-2012, 02:12 PM
Brad Rogers
 
Default Three problems with TDE 3.5.13 ?Bugs?

On Mon, 9 Jul 2012 08:51:23 +0100
Lisi <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello Lisi,

>Thanks, yes I did. It eventually got there. :-(

Typically, your post to that effect arrived here after I sent mine.
Murphy's Law in action. Again. :-)

--
Regards _
/ ) "The blindingly obvious is
/ _)rad never immediately apparent"
But they didn't tell him the first two didn't count
Tin Soldiers - Stiff Little Fingers
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 08:47 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org