-   -   getting gnome 3 (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/679422-getting-gnome-3-a.html)

"Kristoffer Gustafsson" 07-02-2012 06:48 PM

getting gnome 3

Hi.
Ok, I give up installing wheezy now, since it
doesn't work.
Is there an easy way to install gnome 3 and the
latest packages in squeeze?
Because that I can install.
/Kristoffer
*

Camaleón 07-03-2012 01:47 PM

getting gnome 3

On Mon, 02 Jul 2012 20:48:53 +0200, Kristoffer Gustafsson wrote:

> Hi.

(hi)

No html posts, thanks.

> Ok, I give up installing wheezy now, since it doesn't work.

What's what does not work for you?

> Is there an easy way to install gnome 3 and the latest packages in
> squeeze? Because that I can install.

No. If you want GNOME3+gnome-shell, reconsider wheezy.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Marc Shapiro 07-07-2012 02:30 AM

getting gnome 3

On 07/03/2012 06:47 AM, Camaleón wrote:

On Mon, 02 Jul 2012 20:48:53 +0200, Kristoffer Gustafsson wrote:

Is there an easy way to install gnome 3 and the latest packages in
squeeze? Because that I can install.

No. If you want GNOME3+gnome-shell, reconsider wheezy.

Now that Wheezy is frozen (and will, within 6 months or so become
stable) will it be possible to keep Gnome2 when upgrading, or will we be
forced to use Gnome3?

Marc

Archive: 4FF79F3A.3030200@gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/4FF79F3A.3030200@gmail.com

Dom 07-07-2012 04:04 AM