Old 07-01-2012, 11:51 PM
"Rodney D. Myers"

Default dumb scanner question

How does everyone here scan books and magazines into their systems,
without destroying said magazines/books?

What type of scanners do you use?

--
Rodney D. Myers <rod_dmyers@fastmail.fm>
AIM#: YAHOO:

Ben Franklin - 1759

Old 07-02-2012, 09:52 AM
Darac Marjal

On Sun, Jul 01, 2012 at 07:51:06PM -0400, Rodney D. Myers wrote:
> How does everyone here scan books and magazines into their systems,
> without destroying said magazines/books?
>
> What type of scanners do you use?

Personally, I've never really been too bothered about it, but the
definitive solution appears to be along the lines of
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_scanning

Alternatively, look at the unpaper package. It seems quite good at doing
those annoying tasks such as straightening the image, removing the
gradient on the background etc.

Old 07-02-2012, 02:41 PM
Camaleón

On Sun, 01 Jul 2012 19:51:06 -0400, Rodney D. Myers wrote:

> How does everyone here scan books and magazines into their systems,
> without destroying said magazines/books?

By buying the digital edition? ;-P

> What type of scanners do you use?

Flatbed (yes, the binding suffers), although there are book scanners in
the market for that purpose.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón