Old 04-11-2008, 12:44 AM
Marc Auslander

Default libsqlclient15off

The slim project recently ran afoul of something in the debian
packages. They had been requirement libsqlclient15-dev (or 14-dev)
and a user pointed out that they should only depend on the client - so
they changed to libsqlclient14 (or 15). But these don't exist -
rather only libsqlclient15off exists.

My curiosity gets the better of me. What's going on?

Old 04-11-2008, 09:28 PM
Alex Samad

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 08:44:16PM -0400, Marc Auslander wrote:
> The slim project recently ran afoul of something in the debian
> packages. They had been requirement libsqlclient15-dev (or 14-dev)
> and a user pointed out that they should only depend on the client - so
> they changed to libsqlclient14 (or 15). But these don't exist -
> rather only libsqlclient15off exists.
>
> My curiosity gets the better of me. What's going on?
might be better asked in the debian dev mailing list ?