Old 07-03-2012, 10:21 PM
Chris Bannister

Default CD/DVD diagnostic tools needed

On Tue, Jul 03, 2012 at 02:32:18PM +0000, Camaleón wrote:
> On Tue, 03 Jul 2012 18:17:12 +1200, Chris Bannister wrote:

> >> The above "weird, inconsistent, and intermittent" errors indicate some
> >> CDs do work and some doesn't. If all the tests are being done in the
> >> same way (same media, same writing speed, same burning tools...)
> >> there's a high chance for the unit going bad.
> >
> > I was referring to whether it was CD+R or CD-R media, although you can
> > get the odd crook one; especially in those bulk cheap stacks.
>
> Discarding the media is as easy as using a different CD/DVD type/brand.

Exactly!

And certainly easier than replacing the burner. Oh, hang on ... we're back
to "Ouch!!, at least try different media first, some media ..." :-)

oppressing." --- Malcolm X

Old 07-04-2012, 02:44 PM
Camaleón

On Wed, 04 Jul 2012 10:21:21 +1200, Chris Bannister wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 03, 2012 at 02:32:18PM +0000, Camaleón wrote:

>> > I was referring to whether it was CD+R or CD-R media, although you
>> > can get the odd crook one; especially in those bulk cheap stacks.
>>
>> Discarding the media is as easy as using a different CD/DVD type/brand.
>
> Exactly!
>
> And certainly easier than replacing the burner.

(...)

I assume the OP already discarded a bad media because of the tests he
have run and the kind of questions he asked ;-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón