FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor


 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 07-01-2012, 12:29 AM
Gerald
 
Default Kmail2

Hi to all,
Although I run Debian on my server it does not pick up email.
My workstation is yet another Linux distro, I am trying to set up kmail2
and it will not send or receive any email.
I was wondering if anyone out in the great blue younder can point me in
the right direction for solveing his problem.
Gerlad


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 2238749.H65ZyhHHOj@ws1.sol.home">http://lists.debian.org/2238749.H65ZyhHHOj@ws1.sol.home
 
Old 07-01-2012, 12:59 AM
GeraldC
 
Default Kmail2

Hi to all,
Although I run a debian server it does not pick up emails.
I use another Linux OS for the workstation. (PCLinuxOS 2012.06-64 bit), kmail2
just does not work.
No error messages it just does not send or receive mails.
I appear to have it set up correctly but nothing happens.
It does appear that Kwallet is not there although it is installed, and the
only error ,if you can call it that, is I get a prompt asking for my password,
saying that the previous attempt failed.
Any help in setting up kmail2 gratefully received.
Gerald


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 201207011059.36257.gcsgcatling@bigpond.com">http://lists.debian.org/201207011059.36257.gcsgcatling@bigpond.com
 
Old 07-01-2012, 08:25 AM
Camaleón
 
Default Kmail2

On Sun, 01 Jul 2012 10:29:24 +1000, Gerald wrote:

> Hi to all,

Hi, but there's no need to send the same message twice :-)

> Although I run Debian on my server it does not pick up email.

Can you pick up e-mail locally, from the server itself?

> My workstation is yet another Linux distro,

You mean you are not running Debian from the computer you can't fetch the
e-mails? If so, what's your OS?

> I am trying to set up kmail2 and it will not send or receive any email.

And you don't receive any message, warning or error from Kmail when
sending/downloading? That's weird...

How about a different MUA? To discard a problem with the server settings.

> I was wondering if anyone out in the great blue younder can point me in
> the right direction for solveing his problem.

Not enough data, I'm afraid. I'd run the above tests first.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: http://lists.debian.org/jsp1in$69j$5@dough.gmane.org
 
Old 07-01-2012, 09:59 AM
GeraldC
 
Default Kmail2

On Sunday, July 01, 2012 06:25:59 PM Camaleón wrote:
> On Sun, 01 Jul 2012 10:29:24 +1000, Gerald wrote:
> > Hi to all,
>
> Hi, but there's no need to send the same message twice :-)
Sorry, I do not know why that happened.
>
> > Although I run Debian on my server it does not pick up email.
Debian I use as a server nothing else, data only.
> Can you pick up e-mail locally, from the server itself?
>
> > My workstation is yet another Linux distro,
>
> You mean you are not running Debian from the computer you can't fetch the
> e-mails? If so, what's your OS?
I run 64 bit PCLinuxOS 2012.06 Test 5, but since that has now switched to
kmail2 I am using the 32 bit 2012.02 version of PCLinuxOS to pick up mail.
> > I am trying to set up kmail2 and it will not send or receive any email.
It does appear that kmail2 is giving some problems
> And you don't receive any message, warning or error from Kmail when
> sending/downloading? That's weird...
I have now tried Fedora 17 and that has the same problem. Although I think I
have set up kmail2 correctly as I would in kmail1. It cannot send or receive
emails.
> How about a different MUA? To discard a problem with the server settings.
In Fedora 17 it gave me an option to use sendmail as the transport, but that
did not do anything either.
> > I was wondering if anyone out in the great blue younder can point me in
> > the right direction for solveing his problem.
Does anyone else, have kmail2 running?
> Not enough data, I'm afraid. I'd run the above tests first.
I just need some pointers.
> Greetings,
Thank you for returning.
Gerald


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 201207011959.32331.gcsgcatling@bigpond.com">http://lists.debian.org/201207011959.32331.gcsgcatling@bigpond.com
 
Old 07-01-2012, 10:16 AM
Camaleón
 
Default Kmail2

On Sun, 01 Jul 2012 19:59:32 +1000, GeraldC wrote:

> On Sunday, July 01, 2012 06:25:59 PM Camaleón wrote:
>> On Sun, 01 Jul 2012 10:29:24 +1000, Gerald wrote:
>> > Hi to all,
>>
>> Hi, but there's no need to send the same message twice :-)
> Sorry, I do not know why that happened.
>>
>> > Although I run Debian on my server it does not pick up email.

> Debian I use as a server nothing else, data only.

Fine, but can you receive from there? There are text based MUA you can
use to check this (e.g., Mutt).

>> You mean you are not running Debian from the computer you can't fetch
>> the e-mails? If so, what's your OS?

> I run 64 bit PCLinuxOS 2012.06 Test 5, but since that has now switched
> to kmail2 I am using the 32 bit 2012.02 version of PCLinuxOS to pick up
> mail.

Okay. Consider also posting at the PCLinuxOS mailing lists or forums.

> It does appear that kmail2 is giving some problems

Yes, I've read about that, but at least it should be able to send and
receive, that's basic :-)

>> And you don't receive any message, warning or error from Kmail when
>> sending/downloading? That's weird...

> I have now tried Fedora 17 and that has the same problem.

Okay, but what was the e-mail client you configured in fedora?

> Although I think I have set up kmail2 correctly as I would in kmail1.
> It cannot send or receive emails.

We know that :-), but you should get an error or something when you press
the send and receive button....

>> How about a different MUA? To discard a problem with the server
>> settings.

> In Fedora 17 it gave me an option to use sendmail as the transport, but
> that did not do anything either.

What!?

Sir, I'm starting to think you should detail "one by one" the steps you
have followed to configure your e-mail client. You can be doing something
wrong here.

>> > I was wondering if anyone out in the great blue younder can point me
>> > in the right direction for solveing his problem.

> Does anyone else, have kmail2 running?

I guess many :-)

>> Not enough data, I'm afraid. I'd run the above tests first.

> I just need some pointers.

I already told you some but you have to try them and send the results of
your tests.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: http://lists.debian.org/jsp829$69j$14@dough.gmane.org
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 03:23 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org