-   -   Iceweasel quits on ^Q even when options and add-on say not to (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/678881-iceweasel-quits-q-even-when-options-add-say-not.html)

Carl Fink 07-01-2012 12:32 AM

Iceweasel quits on ^Q even when options and add-on say not to

I'm using Iceweasel 10.0.5 under Wheezy. I fairly often press ^Q (quit) when
I mean ^W (close tab).

And Iceweasel closes, with no confirmation dialog and even if multiple tabs
are open.

I have set the option "Warn me when closing multiple tabs". It doesn't.

I even installed the extension "Show Quit Warning". It doesn't either.

Any suggestions on how to proceed, or should I just file a bug?

Other installed extensions include:

Adblock Plus
DownloadHelper
DownThemAll
Flashblock
Image Zoom
Newsfox

Thanks.
--
Carl Fink nitpicking@nitpicking.com

Stupid mistakes you can correct!

Camaleón 07-01-2012 08:20 AM

On Sat, 30 Jun 2012 20:32:24 -0400, Carl Fink wrote:

> I'm using Iceweasel 10.0.5 under Wheezy. I fairly often press ^Q (quit)
> when I mean ^W (close tab).
>
> And Iceweasel closes, with no confirmation dialog and even if multiple
> tabs are open.
>
> I have set the option "Warn me when closing multiple tabs". It doesn't.

Yes, Ctrl+Q does the same also in Firefox 13.0.1.

> I even installed the extension "Show Quit Warning". It doesn't either.
>
> Any suggestions on how to proceed, or should I just file a bug?

(...)

You can try first with another extension, for instance:

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Keyconfig_extension

Greetings,

--
Camaleón