Old 06-30-2012, 01:07 AM
Gary Dale

Default Joining pcl and jpg in Gimp.

On 29/06/12 09:28 PM, peasthope@shaw.ca wrote:

I have a pcl file to join to a jpg to make a collage.

Gimp can not import pcl directly but I can try to convert
it to jpg or png using netpbm. Can anyone recommend a
favourite solution to this problem?

Thanks, ... Peter E.

Why would anyone use PCL to store images?

Have you tried OpenPCL Viewer? At the very least is should allow you to
display the file. You may need to use screen captures to store it in a
different format.

As near as I can tell, netpbm only converts to PCL, not from it.

Archive: 4FEE5153.7010005@rogers.com">http://lists.debian.org/4FEE5153.7010005@rogers.com

Telephone 1 360 639 0202. Bcc: peter at easthope.ca
"http://carnot.yi.org/ "
"http://members.shaw.ca/peasthope/index.html#Itinerary "

Old 06-30-2012, 09:28 AM
Camaleón

On Fri, 29 Jun 2012 17:28:23 -0800, peasthope wrote:

> I have a pcl file to join to a jpg to make a collage.
>
> Gimp can not import pcl directly but I can try to convert it to jpg or
> png using netpbm. Can anyone recommend a favourite solution to this
> problem?

I would use a tool to convert the pcl file into something more
manageable, like PostScript or PDF.

Google points to GhostPDL (binary is "pspcl6") but I was not able to find
a precompiled package for Debian.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 07-01-2012, 12:28 AM
Chris Bannister

On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 05:28:23PM -0800, peasthope@shaw.ca wrote:
> I have a pcl file to join to a jpg to make a collage.
>
> Gimp can not import pcl directly but I can try to convert
> it to jpg or png using netpbm. Can anyone recommend a
> favourite solution to this problem?

Do a google search on:
pcl file imagemagick

oppressing." --- Malcolm X