Old 06-29-2012, 02:46 PM
Mika Suomalainen

Default Debian's grub doesn't detect Ubuntu (was: Debian's grub doesn't detect Ubuntu)

Hi,

This issue is now solved.

I wondered why Debian's GRUB doesn't detect Ubuntu, but Ubuntu's GRUB
detects Debian at #ubuntu-fi-offtopic on freenode and I got answer that
Debian doesn't have os-prober.

I noticed that that package is available on Debian repositories,
installed it and ran "os-prober" and "update-grub" as root and then GRUB
found Ubuntu.