-   -   Debian GNU/Linux wheezy/sid - Howto setup bootlogd? (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/678371-debian-gnu-linux-wheezy-sid-howto-setup-bootlogd.html)

Csanyi Pal 06-29-2012 02:53 AM

Debian GNU/Linux wheezy/sid - Howto setup bootlogd?

Hi,

on my system I have enabled bootlogd: in /etc/default/bootlogd I have:
BOOTLOGD_ENABLE=Yes

but the /var/log/boot

file has timestamp dec 27 2011

so it seem's that bootlogd doesn't work. Why not?

--
Regards from Pal

Andrei POPESCU 06-29-2012 06:20 AM

On Vi, 29 iun 12, 04:53:53, Csanyi Pal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> on my system I have enabled bootlogd: in /etc/default/bootlogd I have:
> BOOTLOGD_ENABLE=Yes
>
> but the /var/log/boot
>
> file has timestamp dec 27 2011
>
> so it seem's that bootlogd doesn't work. Why not?

bootlogd is now in a separate package and the /etc/default/bootlogd is
not needed anymore (if you want it you install the package ;) it's safe
to delete it.

Kind regards,
Andrei

Dom 06-29-2012 06:21 AM

Debian GNU/Linux wheezy/sid - Howto setup bootlogd?