Old 06-30-2012, 10:22 AM
Camaleón

Default Debian GNU/Linux wheezy/sid - Howto setup bootlogd?

On Fri, 29 Jun 2012 22:49:46 +0300, Andrei POPESCU wrote:

> On Vi, 29 iun 12, 14:53:25, Camaleón wrote:
>>
>> Uh? This has been installed since... wait, you're right, the package is
>> not there, what the...? It may have been removed silently because I'm
>> sure I had it working and installed months ago.
>
> That's probably when bootlogd was split in a dedicated package[1].
> Before that it was a functionality of initscripts.
>
> [1] the changelog says 22.Dec.2012

Thanks. I see...:

http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/s/sysvinit/sysvinit_2.88dsf-22.1/changelog#version2.88dsf-17

[ Josh Triplett ]
* Split bootlogd into a separate package. (Closes: #545181)

It would have been nice to have a notice displayed somewhere about the
removal of a binary or something that can indicate the users they need
to manually install the new stand-alone package if they wanted to keep
such funcionality.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón