Linux Archive

Linux Archive (http://www.linux-archive.org/)
-   Debian User (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/)
-   -   Hash Sum mismatch...... (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/677919-hash-sum-mismatch.html)

Charlie 06-27-2012 09:10 PM

Hash Sum mismatch......
 
One imagines that others are seeing this when updating Wheezy and it's
but a momentary passing problem?

E: Failed to fetch
http://www.debian-multimedia.org/pool/main/v/vlc-dmo/libvlccore5_2.0.1-dmo3_i386.deb:
Hash Sum mismatch

Be well,
Charlie
--
** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** **
Registered Linux User:- 329524
***********************************************

When we tug at a single thing in nature, we find it attached to the
rest of the world. ----John Muir, early 1830's.

***********************************************
Debian GNU/Linux - just the best way to create magic
_______________________________________________


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: http://lists.debian.org/20120628071034.1cb64569@nomad

Brad Rogers 06-27-2012 10:12 PM

Hash Sum mismatch......
 
On Thu, 28 Jun 2012 07:10:34 +1000
Charlie <ariestao@skymesh.com.au> wrote:

Hello Charlie,

>E: Failed to fetch
>http://www.debian-multimedia.org/pool/main/v/vlc-dmo/libvlccore5_2.0.1-dmo3_i386.deb:
>Hash Sum mismatch

Try deb-multimedia; It's been renamed.

--
Regards _
/ ) "The blindingly obvious is
/ _)rad never immediately apparent"
I don't believe you have to be an idiot to get somewhere these days
Bombsite Boy - The Adverts

Charlie 06-28-2012 06:19 AM

Hash Sum mismatch......
 
On Wed, 27 Jun 2012 23:12:19 +0100 "Brad Rogers brad@fineby.me.uk"
suggested this:

>On Thu, 28 Jun 2012 07:10:34 +1000
>Charlie <ariestao@skymesh.com.au> wrote:
>
>Hello Charlie,
>
>>E: Failed to fetch
>>http://www.debian-multimedia.org/pool/main/v/vlc-dmo/libvlccore5_2.0.1-dmo3_i386.deb:
>>Hash Sum mismatch
>
>Try deb-multimedia; It's been renamed.
>
>--
> Regards _
> / ) "The blindingly obvious is
> / _)rad never immediately apparent"
>I don't believe you have to be an idiot to get somewhere these days
>Bombsite Boy - The Adverts

Thanks Brad, much obliged and the first part of your signature is
probably true in my case.

Be will,
Charlie
--
** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** **
Registered Linux User:- 329524
***********************************************

They deem me mad because I will not sell my days for gold and I deem
them mad because they think my days have a price. --Kahlil Gibran

***********************************************
Debian GNU/Linux - just the best way to create magic
_______________________________________________


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: http://lists.debian.org/20120628161909.7b46de8c@nomad

Charlie 06-28-2012 06:40 AM

Hash Sum mismatch......
 
On Wed, 27 Jun 2012 23:12:19 +0100 "Brad Rogers brad@fineby.me.uk"
suggested this:

>On Thu, 28 Jun 2012 07:10:34 +1000
>Charlie <ariestao@skymesh.com.au> wrote:
>
>Hello Charlie,
>
>>E: Failed to fetch
>>http://www.debian-multimedia.org/pool/main/v/vlc-dmo/libvlccore5_2.0.1-dmo3_i386.deb:
>>Hash Sum mismatch
>
>Try deb-multimedia; It's been renamed.

However, having changed /etc/apt/sources.list to:
deb http://www.deb-multimedia.org wheezy main non-free

I still get:

E: Failed to fetch
http://www.deb-multimedia.org/pool/main/v/vlc-dmo/libvlccore5_2.0.1-dmo3_i386.deb:
Hash Sum mismatch

So there we are.

Nothing is ever straight forward. [laughing]

Be well,
Charlie
--
** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** **
Registered Linux User:- 329524
***********************************************

Sometimes I lie awake at night, and ask, "Where have I gone wrong?"
Then a voice says to me, "This is going to take more than one night."
---Charlie Brown

***********************************************
Debian GNU/Linux - just the best way to create magic
_______________________________________________


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: http://lists.debian.org/20120628164034.2a44e1b9@nomad

Brad Rogers 06-28-2012 06:52 AM

Hash Sum mismatch......
 
On Thu, 28 Jun 2012 16:19:09 +1000
Charlie <ariestao@skymesh.com.au> wrote:

Hello Charlie,

>Thanks Brad, much obliged and the first part of your signature is

YW.

>probably true in my case.

Indeed. Put there originally as a reminder to me, but others seem to
benefit from it too. :-)

And following on from your other post, I see it's still failing. :-(

I'm using x86_64 here, and didn't have the problem.

You did 'apt-get update' after changing the sources.list, didn't you?
It looks as though you did, but to be sure.....

--
Regards _
/ ) "The blindingly obvious is
/ _)rad never immediately apparent"
Well you tried it just the once and found it alright for kicks
Orgasm Addict - Buzzcocks

Charlie 06-28-2012 10:14 AM

Hash Sum mismatch......
 
On Thu, 28 Jun 2012 07:52:41 +0100 "Brad Rogers brad@fineby.me.uk"
suggested this:

>You did 'apt-get update' after changing the sources.list, didn't you?
>It looks as though you did, but to be sure.....

I did, but thanks for the pointer in case I forgot.
A kind reply from Christian Marillat says that there was a problem with
his repository, but that's now fixed.

Thanks again.
Charlie
--
** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** **
Registered Linux User:- 329524
***********************************************

'Come to the edge', he said. They said..'We are afraid'. 'Come to the
edge', he said. They came, he pushed them .... And they flew.
-----Guillaume Apollinaire

***********************************************
Debian GNU/Linux - just the best way to create magic
_______________________________________________


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: http://lists.debian.org/20120628201459.214da267@nomad

Brad Rogers 06-28-2012 10:20 AM

Hash Sum mismatch......
 
On Thu, 28 Jun 2012 20:14:59 +1000
Charlie <ariestao@skymesh.com.au> wrote:

Hello Charlie,

>I did, but thanks for the pointer in case I forgot.

YW.

>A kind reply from Christian Marillat says that there was a problem with
>his repository, but that's now fixed.

Good news. No need for me to suggest it, then. ;-)

--
Regards _
/ ) "The blindingly obvious is
/ _)rad never immediately apparent"
I hit the ground, boy have I arrived!
The History Of The World (Part 1) - The Damned

Charlie 06-28-2012 11:09 AM

Hash Sum mismatch......
 
On Thu, 28 Jun 2012 11:20:58 +0100 "Brad Rogers brad@fineby.me.uk"
suggested this:

>On Thu, 28 Jun 2012 20:14:59 +1000
>Charlie <ariestao@skymesh.com.au> wrote:
>
>Hello Charlie,
>
>>I did, but thanks for the pointer in case I forgot.
>
>YW.
>
>>A kind reply from Christian Marillat says that there was a problem
>>with his repository, but that's now fixed.
>
>Good news. No need for me to suggest it, then. ;-)

But nothing has changed. [laughing]

Do you want to continue? [Y/n/?] y
Get: 1 http://www.deb-multimedia.org/ wheezy/main libvlccore5 i386
1:2.0.1-dmo3 [444 kB] Get: 2 http://www.deb-multimedia.org/ wheezy/main
vlc-data all 1:2.0.1-dmo3 [7,367 kB] Get: 3
http://www.deb-multimedia.org/ wheezy/main libvlc5 i386 1:2.0.1-dmo3
[51.4 kB] Fetched 7,863 kB in 13min 22s (9,795 B/s) E: Failed to fetch
http://www.deb-multimedia.org/pool/main/v/vlc-dmo/libvlccore5_2.0.1-dmo3_i386.deb:
Hash Sum mismatch

Ce la vie.

Charlie
--
** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** **
Registered Linux User:- 329524
***********************************************

A free society is a place where it is safe to be unpopular. --Adlai
Stevenson

***********************************************
Debian GNU/Linux - just the best way to create magic
_______________________________________________


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: http://lists.debian.org/20120628210959.7b8e1ccb@nomad

Brad Rogers 06-28-2012 02:02 PM

Hash Sum mismatch......
 
On Thu, 28 Jun 2012 21:09:59 +1000
Charlie <ariestao@skymesh.com.au> wrote:

Hello Charlie,

>But nothing has changed. [laughing]
{snip}

It might take time for the change to roll out fully.

--
Regards _
/ ) "The blindingly obvious is
/ _)rad never immediately apparent"
Going round on the Circle Line trying to find a way out
Titanic (My Over) Reaction - 999

Chris Bannister 06-29-2012 02:25 AM

Hash Sum mismatch......
 
On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 09:09:59PM +1000, Charlie wrote:
> Do you want to continue? [Y/n/?] y
> Get: 1 http://www.deb-multimedia.org/ wheezy/main libvlccore5 i386
> 1:2.0.1-dmo3 [444 kB] Get: 2 http://www.deb-multimedia.org/ wheezy/main
> vlc-data all 1:2.0.1-dmo3 [7,367 kB] Get: 3
> http://www.deb-multimedia.org/ wheezy/main libvlc5 i386 1:2.0.1-dmo3
> [51.4 kB] Fetched 7,863 kB in 13min 22s (9,795 B/s) E: Failed to fetch
> http://www.deb-multimedia.org/pool/main/v/vlc-dmo/libvlccore5_2.0.1-dmo3_i386.deb:
> Hash Sum mismatch

JFTR, problems with third party repositories are off topic on this list.
The repository 'www.deb-multimedia.org' is not affiliated with Debian in
anyway and in fact can be a possible source of problems.

--
"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people
who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the
oppressing." --- Malcolm X


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: http://lists.debian.org/20120629022526.GS4141@tal


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:22 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.