Old 06-29-2012, 07:01 AM
Charlie

Default Hash Sum mismatch......

On Fri, 29 Jun 2012 14:25:26 +1200 "Chris Bannister
cbannister@slingshot.co.nz" suggested this:

>JFTR, problems with third party repositories are off topic on this
>list. The repository 'www.deb-multimedia.org' is not affiliated with
>Debian in anyway and in fact can be a possible source of problems.

Apologies Chris, I had no idea this was the case, and won't do it again
if you please tell me what other third party repositories there are?

I think anything to do with firefox is one, any others? I think google
chrome is probably one. I use chromium, got that from Debian I think? I
hope?

Any others not to mention on this list would be good to know.

Thanks,
Charlie
--
** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** **
Registered Linux User:- 329524

In prosperity our friends know us; in adversity we know our friends.
---- Churton Collins

Old 06-29-2012, 09:59 AM
Andrei POPESCU

On Vi, 29 iun 12, 14:25:26, Chris Bannister wrote:

> JFTR, problems with third party repositories are off topic on this list.
> The repository 'www.deb-multimedia.org' is not affiliated with Debian in
> anyway and in fact can be a possible source of problems.

Don't you think this is a bit harsh? I'm glad that Debian proper is
catching up[1], but those packages have been very useful to the Debian
community and Christian Marillat is a Debian Developer.

[1] the only package I still have from dmo is deadbeaf

Kind regards,
Andrei

Old 06-30-2012, 08:25 PM
Chris Bannister

On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 12:59:23PM +0300, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> On Vi, 29 iun 12, 14:25:26, Chris Bannister wrote:
> >
> > JFTR, problems with third party repositories are off topic on this list.
> > The repository 'www.deb-multimedia.org' is not affiliated with Debian in
> > anyway and in fact can be a possible source of problems.
>
> Don't you think this is a bit harsh? I'm glad that Debian proper is

It certainly sounds a bit harsh, and maybe could have been worded
better. If you report a bug using reportbug and have the
www.deb-multimedia.org repository enabled you won't get much help.

oppressing." --- Malcolm X

Old 06-30-2012, 08:34 PM
Chris Bannister

On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 05:01:01PM +1000, Charlie wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Jun 2012 14:25:26 +1200 "Chris Bannister
> cbannister@slingshot.co.nz" suggested this:
>
> >JFTR, problems with third party repositories are off topic on this
> >list. The repository 'www.deb-multimedia.org' is not affiliated with
> >Debian in anyway and in fact can be a possible source of problems.
>
> Apologies Chris, I had no idea this was the case, and won't do it again
> if you please tell me what other third party repositories there are?

You could post any problems with 3rd party repositories to:

But I feel you'd be better off approaching the source of the problem.

To test if it *is* a 3rd party problem: comment it out and if the
problem goes away then it is a 3rd party problem.

oppressing." --- Malcolm X