Old 04-10-2008, 08:21 PM
Andrei Popescu

Default I would like to give my congradulation

On Wed, Apr 02, 2008 at 09:42:26PM +1300, Chris Bannister wrote:

> > > I see it under unstable also:
> > >
> > > Package: xmms (1:1.2.10+20070601-1 and others) [debports]
> > >
> > > What's 'debports'?
> >
> > That's what I was going to ask *you*! Here is my apt-cache policy:
> >
> > ,----[ apt-cache policy xmms ]
> > | xmms:
> > | Installed: (none)
> > | Candidate: 1:1.2.10+20061101-1etch1
> > | Version table:
> > | 1:1.2.10+20061101-1etch1 0
> > | 500 http://ftp.at.debian.org etch/main Packages
> > `----
> >
> > How is yours?
>
> :-)
>
> Look at http://ftp-master.debian.org/testing/update_excuses.html
>
> Search for xmms -- there are a few pointers to bug reports.
>
> Also see what:
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?which=pkg&data=xmms&sev-inc=critical&sev-inc=grave&sev-inc=serious
>
> has to say.
>
> Also there is a link which answers the question, "why is this package
> not in testing yet" which unfortunately I don't have off the cuff[1],
> but if you are running testing then you should at least know about them.
>
> [1] Hopefully google will bring up the answer.

Chris, I think you were misreading my reply. I know very well why xmms
is not in testing: because it was removed from the distro! Only stable
is carrying it now.

I asked Hugo to show his 'apt-cache policy xmms' because this could shed
some light on why he still sees it in unstable. I'm guessing some
unofficial repo.

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)

Old 04-10-2008, 09:16 PM
Kevin Mark

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 11:21:04PM +0300, Andrei Popescu wrote:

> > > That's what I was going to ask *you*! Here is my apt-cache policy:
> > >
> > > ,----[ apt-cache policy xmms ]
> > > `----
> > >
> > > How is yours?
> >
> > :-)
> >
> > Look at http://ftp-master.debian.org/testing/update_excuses.html
> >
> > Search for xmms -- there are a few pointers to bug reports.
> >
> > Also see what:
> > http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?which=pkg&data=xmms&sev-inc=critical&sev-inc=grave&sev-inc=serious
> >
> > has to say.
> >
> > Also there is a link which answers the question, "why is this package
> > not in testing yet" which unfortunately I don't have off the cuff[1],
> > but if you are running testing then you should at least know about them.
> >
> > [1] Hopefully google will bring up the answer.
>
> Chris, I think you were misreading my reply. I know very well why xmms
> is not in testing: because it was removed from the distro! Only stable
> is carrying it now.

IIRC Debian has phased out gtk 1 and with it XMMS.
-k

--
| .'`. == Debian GNU/Linux == | my web site: |
| : :' : The Universal |mysite.verizon.net/kevin.mark/|