Old 06-27-2012, 07:04 PM
Mike McClain

Default why so many 'Unidentified subject!' in debian-user-digest?

Having rescently installed Squeeze and seen so many messages with no subject
when reading the digest with mutt I assumed it was a problem with my setup but
having now booted back into an older Etch install which never showed this before
but does now I suspect there has been a change in the digest format.
I've sent two messages to the listmaster but haven't gotten a response perhaps
he's on vacation.
Is anyone else seeing this problem? Is there a work around? It appears as if
the message is being put into the digest before the headers.
Thanks,
Mike
--
Satisfied user of Linux since 1997.

Old 06-27-2012, 07:29 PM
Brad Rogers

On Wed, 27 Jun 2012 12:04:21 -0700
Mike McClain <mike.junk@nethere.com> wrote:

Hello Mike,

> Is anyone else seeing this problem? Is there a work around? It
> appears as if

It's been discussed on list. No workaround, IIRC. I don't get the
digest so the thread was only of limited interest to me.

--
Regards _
/ ) "The blindingly obvious is

Old 06-27-2012, 07:36 PM
Andrei POPESCU

On Mi, 27 iun 12, 12:04:21, Mike McClain wrote:
> Having rescently installed Squeeze and seen so many messages with no subject
> when reading the digest with mutt I assumed it was a problem with my setup but
> having now booted back into an older Etch install which never showed this before
> but does now I suspect there has been a change in the digest format.
> I've sent two messages to the listmaster but haven't gotten a response perhaps
> he's on vacation.
> Is anyone else seeing this problem? Is there a work around? It appears as if
> the message is being put into the digest before the headers.

This is a known problem, there is a bug filed already (pseudo-package
lists.debian.org)

Kind regards,
Andrei