-   -   a quick Q: is it normal to have the default value bigger than the max value (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/677822-quick-q-normal-have-default-value-bigger-than-max-value.html)

lina 06-27-2012 04:00 PM

On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 11:35 PM, lina <lina.lastname@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> $ cat /proc/sys/net/core/rmem_default
> 212992
>
> $ cat /proc/sys/net/core/rmem_max
> 131071
>
> $ cat /proc/sys/net/core/wmem_default
> 212992
>
> $ cat /proc/sys/net/core/wmem_max
> 131071
>
> $ cat /proc/sys/net/core/optmem_max
> 20480
>
> is it normal to have the default value bigger than the max value?
>
> I have the sysctl.conf intact, I mean I didn't know it exists before
> minutes ago. Sorry, shall I do some configuration?

P.S some background information,

Debian Wheezy,

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7

8GB RAM

00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation HM65 Express Chipset Family LPC
Controller (rev 05)
00:1f.2 IDE interface: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset
Family 4 port SATA IDE Controller (rev 05

Thanks again,

Best regards,