Old 06-27-2012, 03:35 PM
lina

Default a quick Q: is it normal to have the default value bigger than the max value

Hi,

$ cat /proc/sys/net/core/rmem_default
212992

$ cat /proc/sys/net/core/rmem_max
131071

$ cat /proc/sys/net/core/wmem_default
212992

$ cat /proc/sys/net/core/wmem_max
131071

$ cat /proc/sys/net/core/optmem_max
20480

is it normal to have the default value bigger than the max value?

I have the sysctl.conf intact, I mean I didn't know it exists before
minutes ago. Sorry, shall I do some configuration?

Thanks with best regards,