Old 04-10-2008, 07:47 PM
Bernd Kloss

Default VLC-Player no picture in VLC-Frame via Beamer

Etch
VLC-Player
Dell Latitude D 520
Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS/940GML Express Integrated Graphics
Controller

Hello,

I am downloading videos from youtube via youtubecatcher and save them as
*.flv.

When playing them with VLC , I get the complete picture on my notebook-LFP.

The beamer-projection shows the complete picture seen on the LFP except the
video within the VLC-player.

I had a similar problem with kaffeine. DVD-videos were seen on LFP but not via
beamer. But only the video-frame was missing, not the kaffeine-stuff all
around.
Changing the xine-values in properties/video to xshm was the solution.

Any ideas what might help in this case or which list I might ask?

Thanks

Bernd

Old 04-12-2008, 03:58 PM
Florian Kulzer

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 21:47:22 +0200, Bernd Kloss wrote:
> Etch
> VLC-Player
> Dell Latitude D 520
> Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS/940GML Express Integrated Graphics
> Controller
>

> Hello,
>
> I am downloading videos from youtube via youtubecatcher and save them as
> *.flv.
>
> When playing them with VLC , I get the complete picture on my notebook-LFP.
>
> The beamer-projection shows the complete picture seen on the LFP except the
> video within the VLC-player.
>
> I had a similar problem with kaffeine. DVD-videos were seen on LFP but not via
> beamer. But only the video-frame was missing, not the kaffeine-stuff all
> around.
> Changing the xine-values in properties/video to xshm was the solution.
>
> Any ideas what might help in this case or which list I might ask?

For VLC it might help to uncheck "Overlay video output" in the
general video settings (Settings > Preferences > Video). Not using the
XV overlay means that you will have a higher CPU load when playing videos.

If it is OK for you to only have the video on the beamer output, then
you can keep using XV and switch the video overlay to the beamer with
the "xvattr" tool (available from debian-multimedia). That works very
well with my Intel 855GM card; I have no experience with this tool and
9xx chipsets.

Florian |