Old 06-27-2012, 03:40 AM
Yuwen Dai

Default which tftp server supports IPv6

Dear all,
Would you please recommend a tftp server that supports IPv6? *I read several server's document, tftp, atftp, tftp-hpa, they don't mention whether they support IPv6 and how to configure.

Best regards,Yuwen

Old 06-27-2012, 07:29 AM
Hormatzhan Yiltiz

If you can access it, http://mirrors6.bjtu.edu.cn is ipv6 enabled Debian official mirror.

Old 06-27-2012, 02:51 PM
Camaleón

On Wed, 27 Jun 2012 11:40:14 +0800, Yuwen Dai wrote:

> Dear all,

Please, avoid senindg html posts, thanks :-)

> Would you please recommend a tftp server that supports IPv6? I read
> several server's document, tftp, atftp, tftp-hpa, they don't mention
> whether they support IPv6 and how to configure.

There was a list of the ported applications to ipv6, let me search for
it... here it is:

http://www.deepspace6.net/docs/ipv6_status_page_apps.html#tftp

I can't tell about its current status (maybe outdated?) but it's always a
good source to have an idea of how this is going...

Alos, you can manually check if any of the listed TFTP server applications
already provide ipv6 support:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trivial_File_Transfer_Protocol#Known_TFTP_implemen tations

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 06-28-2012, 03:28 PM
Camaleón

El 2012-06-28 a las 09:37 +0800, Yuwen Dai escribió:

(resending to the list)

> On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 10:51 PM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, 27 Jun 2012 11:40:14 +0800, Yuwen Dai wrote:
> >
> > > Dear all,
> >
> > Please, avoid senindg html posts, thanks :-)
>
> Sorry, I'm using gmail, and didn't notice this. Now I use plain text,
> is it OK ?

Now is perfect, thanks a bunch! :-)

> > There was a list of the ported applications to ipv6, let me search for
> > it... here it is:
> >
> > http://www.deepspace6.net/docs/ipv6_status_page_apps.html#tftp
> >
> > I can't tell about its current status (maybe outdated?) but it's always a
> > good source to have an idea of how this is going...
> >
> > Alos, you can manually check if any of the listed TFTP server applications
> > already provide ipv6 support:
> >

> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trivial_File_Transfer_Protocol#Known_TFTP_implemen tations
>
> Thank you very much. I'll check them.

I also found a Debian wiki page for TFTP servers:

http://wiki.debian.org/Tftp

JFYI, it seems that "tftpd" has support for ipv6, or at least is listed
as such here:

***
http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/n/netkit-tftp/netkit-tftp_0.17-18/changelog

netkit-tftp (0.17-18) unstable; urgency=low

* Add IPv6 support, once again thanks to Mats Erik Andersson.
(Closes: #536509)
***

Greetings,

--