Old 06-26-2012, 12:52 PM
Dan

Default New mackbook pro 9,1

Hi,

I would like to buy a new macbook pro (15" without retina 9,1) and
install Debian. Has anybody been able to install debian/linux on it? I
read somewhere else that people are having problems to boot linux from
those machines. The new EFI might be different?

Thanks,
Dan

Old 06-26-2012, 05:03 PM
Patrick Bartek

> I would like to buy a new macbook pro (15" without retina 9,1) and
> install Debian. Has anybody been able to install debian/linux on it? I
> read somewhere else that people are having problems to boot linux from
> those machines. The new EFI might be different?

You mean to run natively? *As in dual boot? * Lots of problems. *And not everything works or works correctly mainly due to proprietary hardware and the lack of drivers. *I'd recommend installing Debian in a VM like VirtualBox or VMWare. *That's what Mac users do when they need to run Windows on their Macs. *Less headaches. *And everything works. *Just install the maximum RAM your machine will take.

Old 06-26-2012, 05:31 PM
Eero Volotinen

>everything works. *Just install the maximum RAM your machine will take.

Retina model is just nice piece of work, memory sticks are soldered
into motherboard,
so remember to take 16GB model..

--
Eero

> [...]