-   -   problem with 2 monitors and full screen games in wine (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/676658-problem-2-monitors-full-screen-games-wine.html)

Markus 06-24-2012 10:28 PM

problem with 2 monitors and full screen games in wine

Hi,

i am running Wheezy with 2 monitors connected to a Nvidia Geforce 9800GTX.
Twin-View is configured via nvidia-settings. And i am quit happy with
that setup.
But...If i run a game within wine in full screen the right monitor turns
off and the game
is displayed full screen on my left monitor. That's what i want...so far
everything works

as expected.

But after closing the game the right monitor turns on again and all
program windows (iceweasel, pidgin...), previously placed on that
monitor have been
pushed on the left monitor. That is, it seems as if twin-view is being
turned off and

on during starting and exiting a full screen game with wine.

My xorg.conf has the following meta-modes set:

Section "Device"
Identifier "9800GTX"
Driver "nvidia"
VendorName "NVIDIA Corporation"
BusID "PCI:2:0:0"
Option "TwinView"
Option "MetaModes" "1280x1024,1280x1024; 1280x1024;
1024x768,1024x768; 1024x768; 800x600,800x600; 800x600; 640x480,640x480;
640x480"

Option "TwinViewOrientation" "RightOf"
Option "SecondMonitorHorizSync" "UseEdidFreqs"
Option "SecondMonitorVertRefresh" "UseEdidFreqs"
EndSection

And last i want to point out that i didn't experience the former
described problem with native

linux games like Xonotic.

So I hope you guys have some ideas or hints on what is going on there
and what I can do to get rid of that little annoying issue.

Thanks a lot
Markus

Archive: 4FE79487.2040700@gmx.de">http://lists.debian.org/4FE79487.2040700@gmx.de

Markus 06-28-2012 05:47 PM

[...]

Nobody an idea that could help me?

Archive: 4FEC98B4.5070400@gmx.de">http://lists.debian.org/4FEC98B4.5070400@gmx.de

"Roman V.Leon." 07-10-2012 06:38 PM

[...]

Hello Markus,
i have two screens and at the beginning i was trying to use native "amd
control center" dual head setup(i have an ATI card), and there were some
problems which are similar to yours. But after i read an article about
"xrandr" util, i switched to it, because it's easy to setup and not so
buggy as fglrx. You can try to play with xrandr also, but do not forget
to save your pretty xorg file.

--
Cheers,
Roman V.Leon.