-   -   The Debian Linux Kernel Handbook within a deb (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/676347-debian-linux-kernel-handbook-within-deb.html)

Regid Ichira 06-23-2012 11:23 PM

The Debian Linux Kernel Handbook within a deb

Many (most?) packages with extensive documentation offer a deb
so that the documentation will be available locally.
Am I right that there is no deb offering the Debian Linux Kernel Handbook? Is it reasonable to file a wishlist bug for that matter?

Ralf Mardorf 06-24-2012 03:39 AM

On Sat, 2012-06-23 at 16:23 -0700, Regid Ichira wrote:
> Many (most?) packages with extensive documentation offer a deb
> so that the documentation will be available locally.
> Am I right that there is no deb offering the Debian Linux Kernel
> Handbook? Is it reasonable to file a wishlist bug for that matter?

http://packages.debian.org/unstable/main/debian-kernel-handbook
http://packages.debian.org/wheezy/debian-kernel-handbook

At the moment I'm not booted to Debian, but the Ubuntu Precise
repositories provide 1.0.12. However, at least Wheezy and Sid provide
1.0.13. AFAIK Wheezy will become stable soon.

- Ralf

Camaleón 06-24-2012 11:03 AM

On Sat, 23 Jun 2012 16:23:43 -0700, Regid Ichira wrote:

> Many (most?) packages with extensive documentation offer a deb so that
> the documentation will be available locally. Am I right that there is no
> deb offering the Debian Linux Kernel Handbook? Is it reasonable to file
> a wishlist bug for that matter?

Well, there is a package:

Wheezy
http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/pool/main/k/kernel-handbook/debian-kernel-handbook_1.0.12_all.deb

Sid
http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/pool/main/k/kernel-handbook/debian-kernel-handbook_1.0.13_all.deb

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Ralf Mardorf 06-24-2012 11:28 AM

On Sun, 2012-06-24 at 11:03 +0000, Camaleón wrote:
> Wheezy
> http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/pool/main/k/kernel-handbook/debian-kernel-handbook_1.0.12_all.deb

Apologize, I've written 1.0.13, but indeed for Wheezy it's 1.0.12.

Tony Baldwin 06-24-2012 05:30 PM

On Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 04:23:43PM -0700, Regid Ichira wrote:
> Many (most?) packages with extensive documentation offer a deb
> so that the documentation will be available locally.
> Am I right that there is no deb offering the Debian Linux Kernel Handbook? Is it reasonable to file a wishlist bug for that matter?

By all means, yes.

./tony

--
http://www.tonybaldwin.me